***Official Final Fantasy XIV Thead***

Associate
Yeah, it is just returning characters at the moment.
It could be worth buying the game now whilst you can pick it up for a fiver in most places, cos if 2.0 is as good as it sounds, then the price is gonna shoot back up.

Soldato
Yeah good idea, buy it now cheap cause it'll be more expensive once the new version arrives. I will say though, don't expect a decent game at the moment :p

Although saying that, I have friends that still play occasionally and have fun with the updates they've made. I just can't stomach it at the moment.

Associate
Well after spending the majority of work looking forward to playing, I log in for 5 mins, read that they are performing emergency maintenance this eve, and get kicked out!
It actually annoyed and disapointed me, so I guess for some reason, I now enjoy it! Can't quite put my finger on why though.

Oh well, just gotta resist the urge to buy D3 now! haha.
If anyone starts playing FF14, add me as friend - Goss Hawk (Clever yes? :p )

Associate
This game is a complete joke! Played for 2 months on release and gave up then had a email telling me I could play for free etc...cue the next hour trying to download the client from the shambolic and overly complex website when I find out..you cant! You have to have the original install disks which I threw out many moons ago! Fail.

Associate
OP
its got a hell of a lot better since launch, that goes without saying. its still vastly different to most other MMOs and that combined with the fact that they're still not convincingly pulling it off means its still very much an acquired taste. and it REALLY isnt enjoyable unless you get yourself in an existing linkshell quick and learn its intricacies.

That being said I'm just starting to really like it again and there's more than enough content to keep even the most hardcore happy till 2.0 if they're starting from scratch.

Associate
i think its best to wait for v2, the engine and servers right now are preventing the most simplest of things.

i.e mobile authenticator, new servers, new engine, digital download etc etc.

also wait for e3 which is getting close and see what v2 is all about, should give a good idea.

also going on what midightlamp said, right now unless you have a great linkshell or a close-nit group of friends, the game kinda fails outside of a linkshell when trying to do anything remotely challenging like the new content, garuda/cutter's cry/aurum vale etc.

i also moved to ragnarok on the sever merge, unofficial eu server and wow a big mistake! its practically dead compared to other servers. every time i log in i'm sitting around waiting on the off chance for an event but then i log off as i have capped all the classes. i'm all for group play but there isn't any of that outside of a decent ls that isn't just a large chatroom which most seem to be right now, on ragnarok that is.

i will be moving back to sargatanas at v2 if possible. i really hope it is a success! i have high hopes with the cross server party finder thing and a lot of people returning, auction house, delivery box etc etc.

crafting has come a long way though, i actually thoroughly enjoy it now as you can gain like 1000-1500 exp a synth, but gathering on the other hand is an absolute bore and you really need to be a robot to enjoy dol imo hehe.

the game has improved a great deal though with yoshi p taking the helm from tanaka, but i still feel this game needs so much work and a miracle to get its reputation back and compete with the many western mmo's out there.

Last edited:
Associate
also check out this thread someone has been gathering all info from dev posts about whats coming in v2, it gives you a good idea of whats to come, hopefully...

we will have to wait and see if ALL that does get implemented at launch and shortly after, hopefully not another year down the line after launch though.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/38201-Coming-in-Version-2.0%21

4/13/12 - Yoshida Response to this thread.

In 2.0’s Character Creation, you can change female character’s bust _____
You can change the length of a Miqo’te's ___
Each race will start with its own starting gear
Letters and Deliveries will be delivered by the familiar ________
Benchmark program is being remade for 2.0
When you first play 2.0, the 2D world map is covered and you will have to actually travel to that part of the map to unlock it
New characters and primals will be added to the main scenario

3/05/12 - Mentioned a feature where gamepad users can freely set up 'shortcut keys'.
2/03/12 - Mentioned a feature to select difficulty of instanced content.
1/30/12 - Producer Letter XXIV; Mentioned adding more servers for 2.0.

Rep Post

**New** 5/15/12 - Music replay feature.
**New** 5/11/12 - Party UI details.
**New** 4/26/12 - Achievements for map exploration.
4/26/12 - Regarding city-state map changes.
4/26/12 - Party search feature replaced with content finder.
4/26/12 - Possible restrictions for instanced raids (Level caps, job/class requirement, etc.)
4/13/12 - Changes to Parsimony MP cost.
4/10/12 - Able to view server status from the game launcher or the Lodestone.
4/05/12 - Displaying food effects on the status icon.
3/29/12 - Music settings.
3/23/12 - Regarding 2.0 UI changes.
3/20/12 - More details on summoning primals.
3/15/12 - Map markers.
3/14/12 - Item "buy back" feature.
3/14/12 - Possible changes to crafting/gathering BGM.
3/12/12 - Storyline will be easier to understand in 2.0.
2/29/12 - Changes to weather effects.
2/27/12 - Crafting initiated from recipes rather than materials. (Follow up post.)
2/27/12 - New servers at 2.0/PS3 launch.
2/24/12 - Materia with same stats will stack.
2/21/12 - Spawning of additional gathering nodes.
2/21/12 - Hire new genders as retainers.
2/21/12 - Designated RP server.
2/07/12 - Changes to crafting process.
2/07/12 - High level undergarments.
2/06/12 - Public test server.
2/01/12 - 2.0 Benchmark.
2/01/12 - Regarding player housing.
2/01/12 - Artifact armor for DoL/H.
1/30/12 - Regarding Spanish client.
1/30/12 - Regarding FFXIV smart phone app.
1/30/12 - Stats for chocobo armor and chocobo battle system similar to FFXII's gambit system.
1/27/12 - In-game config settings.
1/27/12 - Hair showing with hooded gears.
1/25/12 - Face your target during emotes.
1/25/12 - Class specific macros.
1/23/12 - In-game crafting recipes.
1/20/12 - Inventory bags for retainers.
1/19/12 - Linking all 3 market wards.
1/19/12 - Tutorials.
1/19/12 - Equipped gear does not take up inventory space. Dark matter upwards compatible.
1/18/12 - Inventory bags.
1/17/12 - Changes to enemy markers and signs.
1/06/12 - Emotes while riding chocobo.
1/05/12 - Retainer UI window. (Tells you if your items sold etc.)
1/04/12 - Magitek armor mount.
12/22/11 - Head gear display options (wear your hood up or down).
12/21/11 - One time character reroll at 2.0 launch.
12/09/11 - More character creation options.
12/07/11 - Toggle Linkshell/Bazaar icons on/off.
11/18/11 - Grade 5 dark matter can repair lower level gears.
11/17/11 - NPC to dye gears basic colors. Additional colors through synthesis.
11/15/11 - Saved equipment sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom