Smart Casual

Soldato
Why would you need to call? It's a job interview, you were a suit and tie.

Because from what I've heard some job interviews it is not required shirt and ties.

I remember a guy telling me, the company he works at he was employing people, and one guy asked what the dress code was, and the employer said casual, so on the day of the interview, this guy turned up in very casual stuff and the other guy in a suite.

The guy dressed very casually got the job because the interviewers where more interested in what the guy knows rather than what he is wearing and apparently the interviewer also was more positive in regards to the casual dressed guy because he asked what they wanted them to wear.

Man of Honour
Because from what I've heard some job interviews it is not required shirt and ties.

I remember a guy telling me, the company he works at he was employing people, and one guy asked what the dress code was, and the employer said casual, so on the day of the interview, this guy turned up in very casual stuff and the other guy in a suite.

The guy dressed very casually got the job because the interviewers where more interested in what the guy knows rather than what he is wearing and apparently the interviewer also was more positive in regards to the casual dressed guy because he asked what they wanted them to wear.

I think all of that is very, very unlikely in any other workplace, unless you've been headhunted and they know you are the best in the world at what you do.

Then, and only then, you can wear what you like and dictate your terms.

Soldato
this guy turned up in very casual stuff and the other guy in a suite.

The guy went in wearing a sofa? Like this:
8YqbD.jpg ?

Awesome!

I jest, that seems extremely rare. I'd err on the side of caution at all times when going for an interview and at least turn up in a shirt, tie and jacket. If it's informal, you can always take off the tie and jacket. However, you can never dress up if you've misjudged it.

Soldato
If it was me, I'd do what I usually do and scout out the location/offices beforehand and see what the people who work there dress like, and then dress in a similar way.

It can be a big psychological "will the candidate fit into the corporate culture" boost, if you *look* as though you already fit in.

:)

Soldato
Shirt (tucked in).
Clean simple trousers (jeans, chinos, suit trousers - yes. Combats, joggers, pants only - no).
Clean shoes. (Not trainers, some boots would be ok).
Maybe a blazer if it's chilly.

Aren't Chino's just Combats without the pockets?

Also what is the difference between trousers and suit trousers?

This thread has made things worse... The more i look at the word trousers the more convinced i am that i am spelling it incorrectly! :D

Back
Top Bottom