Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Essentially when you couple the M26 with a heavy barrel attachment on your gun, each 'pellet' of the M26 round does the same damage as a single bullet from the gun it's on, so killing people in range becomes very easy.

So if you dare use it even without the heavy barrel glitch, people will think you're scum and you'll be hounded out of the server probably, as its name is now mud. :p

Hooolllyyyy poo-poo! How has that not been fixed yet? I've got to try it on a random server before it gets patched out! :D

Caporegime
Hooolllyyyy poo-poo! How has that not been fixed yet? I've got to try it on a random server before it gets patched out! :D

If you find a server were its allowed, you tend to find most players are playing with it and it becomes a "whoever gets spotted first dies" routine.

When you have an M26 firing 30 pellets doing 40 damage each, it's very easy to get kills, even at range, with little aiming skill.

I wondered into a server the other day were it was allowed and got fed up running 10 yards to be killed instantly by a M26.............

However, it's great from racking up kills and points. I think the first server I used it on after the glitch became known I racked up 40+ kills with it and bucket loads of ribbons to boot :D Took me 3 rounds to get my service star for it lol

Caporegime
Isn't it only with the DART ammo too? So it doesn't actually work with the default ammo you get when you unlock the M26.

thats the rumour but its wrong

Both the MASS and the DART suffer from it. DART ammo is more popular however because it has increased penetration. Come up against 5 guys in a row and the DART ammo will go through them all, whereas the buckshot (ie MASS) will stop at the first target.

To offset this, the DART ammo pellets do less damage. But of course with the glitch they do the exact same damage as the MASS rounds, so everybody uses the M26 DART.

Caporegime
Yep MASS is affect too. It does about 500% damage so is intant one shot hill even on softcore.

And yes the DART was fun for the pentration, finally managed to get triple and quadruple kills with it :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
thats the rumour but its wrong

Both the MASS and the DART suffer from it. DART ammo is more popular however because it has increased penetration. Come up against 5 guys in a row and the DART ammo will go through them all, whereas the buckshot (ie MASS) will stop at the first target.

To offset this, the DART ammo pellets do less damage. But of course with the glitch they do the exact same damage as the MASS rounds, so everybody uses the M26 DART.

All the M26 variants are affected. For example even the M26 Slug will only do 34 damge with G3 + Heavy Barrel. You don't see too many people using that combo!

Soldato
Some very good rounds last night on Firestorm, Wake Island and even Metro wasn't too bad.

Really enjoying the SKS again. With ironsights it makes a fantastic battle rifle. Very powerful and accurate but you can squeeze off shots very quickly, I swear it's a bit faster than the MK11 and the SVD Dragunov.

I had a great moment on Wake island where I was near one of the periphery points (south base I think?) with a SOFLAM mounted over the bridge behind me. The base was overrun by US infantry so I was hidden behind a rock with my back to the sea fighting off advancing soldiers with the SKS, dropping loads of them. Ran out of ammo, switched to supressed pistol and stood my ground as long as I could. Think I got about 9 of them before I got overwhelmed trying to reload :D

Little moments like that really make the game in my opinion.

Soldato
Really enjoying the SKS again. With ironsights it makes a fantastic battle rifle. Very powerful and accurate but you can squeeze off shots very quickly, I swear it's a bit faster than the MK11 and the SVD Dragunov.

Always sworn by the SKS ever since first using it. It's a very, very capable rifle. Atm, I'm level 20-something, and I have around 380 kills with it, next highest weapon killcount is for one of the LMGs at 120-something. It is quite literally the gun I will alwyas fall back on using if I'm having a rubbish round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom