**** Original Starcraft 2 Thread ****

Associate
Yeah, in TvT if you let them siege up outside you natural it's most often gg. You need to keep an eye on the xelnaga towers. If you see him send a marine, pull yours away and send him back with a friend. The enemy will no doubt come 30secs later with several marines, and it's basically a back-and-forth game.

MMM can work pretty well if you do lots of drops etc and don't let them get a critical mass of tanks. If there are just 2-3 tanks you can stim in and focus them down and win the engagement, but once there are more than 5 you can't do ****. Pure bio is best early game and gets progressively worse.

Of course turrets stop mutas. MM doesn't get raped by banelings if your control is good.

Sheepy, you didn't show for our big match? I is disappoint :(

Associate
Sheepy, you didn't show for our big match? I is disappoint :(

**** sorry dude :( was busy today and will be over the next few too. Reschedule for Monday? :) I assume you are a member of the OcUK chat channel? I'm Beelzebro.296 feel free to add me.

Not sure if it still works but i used to do the iechoic build in TvT as a fun alternative to tank terran. It's arguably a bit all-iny but if you do it right it's very hard to defend.

The premise was getting out early blu flame followed by cloaked banshee. It's a really fun build for TvT. Day9 did a daily on it.

I used to love that build too. It doesn't really work anymore since the blue flame nerf unfortunately :(

We're talking about a guy who can't handle being seiged upon (no offence jammy) he can't micro that well to stop baneling rape.

Turrets don't stop mutas. They merely stall.

Well if you only build 1 turret and they have 20 mutas then yeah they don't do much. But if you invest in 6 turrets at each expo (for 3 expos that's 1800 minerals, or only 1200 if you camp your army at one of them) then they easily stop the mutas completely. You've still spent 200 less minerals than him, and no gas at all.

People who don't think turrets stop mutas = people that don't build enough turrets. The turret range and building armour work wonders too and you should get the latter anyway for PFs. (after 3/3 is done obv)

I'm not saying there aren't better ways to stop mutas but at the lower levels turrets are the easiest. A good rule of thumb is to build 1/3rd the number of turrets as he has mutas (9 mutas -> 3 turrets) per expo. With mass repair that will be enough. If you're keeping the pressure on the zerg like you should be then he won't be able to get more than about 10 mutalisks, since this would mean virtually no banelings or infestors so you can just go to his base and your marines will shred everything. But in lower leagues it's easier just to build turrets.

Being sieged upon is much harder to deal with than banelings. If my enemy sets up tanks outside my base and has his ass covered against drops then I lose 90% of the time. I get around the problem by trying to not let him get into that position.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I still disagree a lot of turrets stop mutas. They just stall for longer.

Catching Mutas quickly enough so that they don't do damage is luckier than noticing someone sieging up on you :p

Marines are still the best to deal with mutas IMO.

Soldato
I went on TL last night to see whats been going on, man im glad i stopped playing this a while back and waiting for HOTS.

but Destiny getting banned and going back to ROOT, Idra pretty much on a mental breakdown and thinking of quitting. ogs disbanding . a lot of bloody drama!

Permabanned
I went on TL last night to see whats been going on, man im glad i stopped playing this a while back and waiting for HOTS.

but Destiny getting banned and going back to ROOT, Idra pretty much on a mental breakdown and thinking of quitting. ogs disbanding . a lot of bloody drama!

Well Destiny is just a joke and incredibly Juvenile, it was bound to happen.

I'll give it to Idra, he is a joke now but I know he puts in a lot of practice time but he gets extremely tilted and rages a lot.

OGS disbanding = ****ing suckage.

Man of Honour
oGs is nothing anyway without MC, NaDa etc though. That's what made that team really special.

I like IdrA, hes one of the few professional gamers who actually say their opinions instead of trying to be fake manner all the time. I hope he gets out of his psychological problems, such as quitting whenever he makes a slight mistake.

Also Destiny? Who is that? (Rhetorical.. I know who he is) I have no idea why he is so popular.

Permabanned
oGs is nothing anyway without MC, NaDa etc though. That's what made that team really special.

I like IdrA, hes one of the few professional gamers who actually say their opinions instead of trying to be fake manner all the time. I hope he gets out of his psychological problems, such as quitting whenever he makes a slight mistake.

Also Destiny? Who is that? (Rhetorical.. I know who he is) I have no idea why he is so popular.

Idra is just an american and most of them are like that. Sheth is probably the most mannered american SC2 progamer I know.

The Europeans and Koreans all come from different cultures than ours which is why they seem to be fake when they act all mannered. They really are like that especially the Koreans.

ForGG,Jookto,Supernova,Luvsic,TheSTC and Inca are absolutely great players and make OGS even without MC etc (although they were the star players).

Supernova and TheStc will definitely be picked up quickly.

Soldato
I like Destiny, he has a lot of flaws but he seems to be the only spotlight player in sc2 that isnt full of bs.
I am disappointed that Idra is feeling crappy - to me he is the ultimate sc player and I just wish he got some wins under his belt. I dont think EG is the right team for him tbf.

Soldato
Yeah, in TvT if you let them siege up outside you natural it's most often gg. You need to keep an eye on the xelnaga towers. If you see him send a marine, pull yours away and send him back with a friend. The enemy will no doubt come 30secs later with several marines, and it's basically a back-and-forth game.

MMM can work pretty well if you do lots of drops etc and don't let them get a critical mass of tanks. If there are just 2-3 tanks you can stim in and focus them down and win the engagement, but once there are more than 5 you can't do ****. Pure bio is best early game and gets progressively worse.

Of course turrets stop mutas. MM doesn't get raped by banelings if your control is good.

I would only stick with MM during this first attack as currently i feel 3 rax building marines is not working for me when he gets a good siege (there always seems to be some way to get to my base undetected).. If i had some mauraders things would probably go better and i could force him back until my own tanks are ready and then im in good shape with the eco advantage.

Permabanned
I like Destiny, he has a lot of flaws but he seems to be the only spotlight player in sc2 that isnt full of bs.
I am disappointed that Idra is feeling crappy - to me he is the ultimate sc player and I just wish he got some wins under his belt. I dont think EG is the right team for him tbf.

He's not a spotlight player in any way. He is full of BS and that's his biggest flaw par sucking at SC2.

Idra is the ultimate SC2 player? EG isn't a good fit for him? You must be trolling with your whole post.

The only other team that would accept an American like Idra would probably be TeamLiquid and they're above EG in skill level completely.

Hell, TL raped Dignitas last night.

EDIT: The last few days GSL Code A matches have been deciding who goes to Code S next season and who goes to the Up&Down Matches. Some surprises, watching the MKP vs Yugioh match atm and it's absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else watching the GSL finals? That bipimbap advert both creased and freaked me out, artosis in an awkward meal eating with a dubstep overlay? Haha.

PS. Go MVP!

Soldato
I just had a game where I saw my opponent had gone rays. So I went Pheonix and had maybe 15 -20. I attacked his rays and was destroyed easily by his 10-15 rays.

I thought Pheonix was supposed to be much better at anti-air?

Permabanned
I just had a game where I saw my opponent had gone rays. So I went Pheonix and had maybe 15 -20. I attacked his rays and was destroyed easily by his 10-15 rays.

No Phoenix are terrible anti-air except against banshees and mutalisks due to the +light damage.

Just go mass stalkers because they're half the price of voids and much easier to mass.
Stalkers have that +armour damage so they beat voids.

Last edited:
Associate

Yeah, I know it says in the Help screen Phoenixes counter VRs but in reality they are **** against them. I think the idea is that you run away when the VRs charge and wait a while before going back in. If you do this, phoenixes win. But you're still better off just massing stalkers (few HT for storms does wonders too). Also stalkers wont be useless after the VRs are dead, while phoenixes will be.

What's all this talk of Idra going mental? I knew he's been doing poorly but I wasn't aware he had any big problems? What's happened?

Permabanned
Yeah, I know it says in the Help screen Phoenixes counter VRs but in reality they are **** against them. I think the idea is that you run away when the VRs charge and wait a while before going back in. If you do this, phoenixes win. But you're still better off just massing stalkers (few HT for storms does wonders too). Also stalkers wont be useless after the VRs are dead, while phoenixes will be.

What's all this talk of Idra going mental? I knew he's been doing poorly but I wasn't aware he had any big problems? What's happened?

Idra hasn't won anything really worth it since this time last year when the game was admittedly a lot different and even that was just IPL Season 1 which had no Koreans(Apart from Select) and Europeans which meant it was filled with the subpar american players.

If you watch him play in Team leagues (EG's MCSL for example) you can always be absolutely sure he'll lost his Bo3 no matter who it is.
Today in the MLG Spring Arena #2 he just got raped by Socke and then Dream without winning a single map.

Recently he also mentioned on one of the podcast shows (SotG? maybe) that he has absolutely no passion left for Sc2 and I heard he compared it to being stuck in a job he hates.

He's tilted hardcore.

In other news.... Congrats MVP for winning yet another GSL! XD TERRAN FIGHTING!

Saddened that MKP couldn't attend MLG Spring Arena #2 =/
I know this is going to end up being another Polt Vs Stephano final unless someone pulls something out their ass. Funny also due to the recently announced TSL & Millennium partnership XD
I wouldn't be too surprised if Leenock or DRG get far though.

EDIT: This is from today.
IMG_3703.jpg

I mean look at that, that's the face of a defeated man XD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom