Fat burn before holiday

Associate
OP
a tip i would offer would be not to look at the loss you are after in a weight term. Use it as a guide, but aim for a visual point where you will be happy. If your aiming to lose weight you might get to a point where, as LiE has said you will start losing lean muscle mass.

I have stayed the same weigth for the last 3 weeks but visually have got leaner after moving to a reduced calorie diet :)

For hiit i am folling the plan as follows:

Week 1-2 1:4 (high intensity:low intensity) 15sec:60sec 10x high set reps
week 3-4 1:2 (hi:li) 30sec:60sec 10x hi set reps
week 5-6 1:1 (hi:li) 30sec:30 sec 15x hi set reps
week 7-8 2:1 (hi:li) 30sec:15 sec 15x hi set reps

the key with Hiit is shorter more intense periods of high intensity, if you able to keep at the high intensity periods for more then 30 seconds your not pushing hard enough.

I do my hiit on a bike and really hammer the hi reps!

If your happy with your conditioning when it comes to CV work i would suggest jump in to that right at week 5-6 and do the 1:1 ratio HiiT and increase the intensity of your high intensity periods :)

Thanks, will try the week 5-6. Will try and run faster, not sure if the treadmill goes much higher than 18kmph lol :)

kai

kai

Soldato
6 days of cardio put two days of HiiT in there.. the LISS training 4 times a week keep your heart rate below 130bpm optimum for burning for 30 - 40 mins. Boring yes but needed.

Also on weight sessions keep rest period short 30 seconds between each set/excerises keep that heart rate high.

the day of rest i would use a refeed day!

Associate
My advice? Your goal is stupid. Continue as you are and be happy with who you are. Stop chasing a pathetic vanity goal.

He's overweight and wants to lose a bit more. I don't see any problem in that. Seems he is making good progress but wants to acelerate it.

How's your weight loss graph coming along btw? :D

Caporegime
I may get flammed for this, but do some weight lifting?

Clearly not as good for burning calories as cardio, but will help make you 'look' better for your holiday and will of course help you burn calories.

Soldato
I think this might be the wrong part of the forum for you, best you find somewhere else to troll :)

Well then, I'm glad there's other people to be giving advice then. What a horrendously narrow minded view point to take.

He's overweight and wants to lose a bit more. I don't see any problem in that. Seems he is making good progress but wants to acelerate

Just LOL; was you scoffing a McDonalds while typing this whie mumbling "im beautiful inside!"

It seems you guys either can't read or misunderstood my point. so I will bold and highlight for you.

I have sorted my diet and exercise. I eat little and often and work out at least once a day, usually twice.

Unless he is going for liposuction, He doesn't need to change anything.

Last edited:
Soldato
He wants to lose more than he will on his current routine. So a change would be a good suggestion would it not?

Guy is eating well, exercising loads and seeing good results. He is already on an excellent trajectory. Short of cosmetic surgery, nothing he adds to his routine now will make any significant difference.

Soldato
Wow, what a condescending post. Firstly let's not go pinning this on us. The guy told us what his goals were, and asked if we could help him achieve them. We post advice on what actions he can take to ensure he hits his goal of the best possible way of maximising results.

Your post was along the lines of "LOL your goal is pathetic just keep doing what you're doing and be happy".

How, privvy tell, is that useful advice? Going as far as to call his goal a pathetic vanity goal, seriously? Is that even needed? My current goal is to get to circa 10% BF, and that's out of vanity. Is it pathetic, or is it 'cause I want to see if I can achieve it, and then change my goals once I do? Seriously, get your head out your ass.

You say he clearly doesn't have to change anything; I disagree. He needs to figure out his kcals and macros and ensure he's hitting 1kg a week weight loss. That will make it certain he'll hit his goals. Continuing as he is will likely seem him platuea and miss it. So yeah, well done you. Clap.......

Clap........

Clap....

Man of Honour
You're doing too much steady state cardio for my liking.

You're also NOT doing HIIT, at best you're doing moderate intensity interval training. For high intensity you need to be at flat out sprint, which is why Syla5 posted a progression. Stating, "oh, I'll just jump in at 1:1 rest:intensity" just means you aren't pushing yourself hard enough on your intense phase.

As Begbie mentioned, now would be a good time to add in another weights session. What are you currently doing for weights on your two days?

Soldato
Guy is eating well, exercising loads and seeing good results. He is already on an excellent trajectory. Short of cosmetic surgery, nothing he adds to his routine now will make any significant difference.

WHAT. Based on what? Will you write out his diet for me please mate? Seeing as you obviously know what it is :)

And yeah, totally, hitting the gym twice a week and smashing loads of cardio isn't going to lose lean muscle mass at all.

KEEP ON POSTING GOOD ADVICE! :)

Edit: Why has this made me so angry? :( :p

Last edited:
Soldato
WHAT. Based on what?

Based on the OPs own testimony. He is unlikely to claim he has sorted out his own diet without having done his own research already. Also, from the way he makes a point of prempting certain responses in his original post and rejecting isolation exercises etc. Guy doesn't sound like a moron to me.

Man of Honour
No offence to the OP, but a lot of people think their diets are good.

Nobody implied he was a moron, stop defending your point just for the sake of it.

Soldato
I would personally scrap all the cardio, so a proper 3 day weights routine and keep your diet about 1800kcal 20/40/40 macro split. 1kg a week is easily achievable without extra cardio or HIIT thrown in and you know it's gonna be all fat. Losing 3-4lbs a week is too much, the last thing you want is to just be a smaller version of your fat self, aka skinnyfat!

Back
Top Bottom