Felt i was too harsh.. but sort of justified.

Soldato
Seems like an empty bitter gesture, and it looks like you're not feeling better for it.

I do empathise though, if someone hurt my family I'd be hard pushed to ever forgive them.

Soldato
Ill be fair to say even despite his state and bedbound he wouldnt of just gotten words if that was me ( I let my anger get the worst of me and it ends badly :/ )

Soldato
i would have wanted to say something similar at first too, op but this is why it's always best to gather your thoughts in such situations.

remember the golden and often overlooked rule about revenge and that is to feel the need to get your revenge on someone, is admitting that they have had an effect on your life. it's often better to work through those things yourself, without giving them the satisfaction of knowing they have effected your life as karma often works its magic.

I'd probably forgive in the end...being wheelchair bound and demented is punishment enough, let alone the mental torture you could give him in his last days by saying stuff like that.

In that case we may as well let all the German prison camp guards who were part of the Holocaust off to.

I'd go to see the old **** myself to say it to his face.

Associate
I would be happy with myself for saying that, minus the "die slowly" (slightly too far perhaps?). Mind, I doubt your mate will pass it on, I know I wouldn't.

Soldato
We never found out why/who or if it was intentional but someone shot one of out cats a while ago :( it's horrible.

I understand your reaction, and like people have said your friend likely won't say it.

Associate
Feel kind of bad after i did this but i think the guy deserves it.. just venting a little i guess.

I was born here but my parents moved to St.Vincent (caribbean) when i was 3 and lived there till i was 15 then we came back permanently. Whilst there i had a dog from age 11 to when we left, gave him to family friends. When he was 2yrs old someone apparently took a disliking to him and shot him in the back with a rifle at some distance, the tough sob crawled home and collapsed outside.. the vet said he'd never seen something like that, the bullet luckily missed vital organs and his spine, just. Took a few weeks and a lot of nursing but he was as good as new. Fast foward another 15 yrs, i know my boy is dead but somehow he came up in convo with a friend, he mentioned he knew who did it and they only did it for fun as they disliked my dad, the dog was not troubling anyone. Apparently my parents knew as well but never told me for fear i'd do something stupid.

Heard from the friend that the guy is now about 67 and bedridden, wheelchair bound and somedays not quite there. I was angry though, so angry i told another mate from there to pass on my regards and a little message "guess unlike my dog, you're never gonna get up again, die slowly"
:(

Feel bad but ffs he shot my dog. Wish i hadn't done it but feel conflicted about the whole thing.. thoughts?

isn't karma a lovely thing?

Soldato
OP
I'd have said or done a lot worse.
Also, how can you call him a friend if he didn't tell you sooner?

There was a 7 year gap before we met again from when i left, he'd only found out a few years after i left and assumed i knew, a few people have confirmed that the guy boasted about it etc.. and my parents knew as well. Few reasons they didn't tell me i guess was due to the fellow being 'high up' in status and had a few dealings with politics and access to guns etc.. so if i went off on one after him he could've shot me and gotten away with it, remember i was only 13 or so and would've gone mental and possibly done something daft. I know 17 years is a long time but it was new news to me and i guess the old emotion and rage came rushing back. I know my other mate will tell him, i've sent him a message not to.

Back
Top Bottom