Felt i was too harsh.. but sort of justified.

DcD

DcD

Associate
Totally justified imo! Whoever shoots an animal for fun 100 deserves this. I feel the world is slightly more balanced after learning about this!

Associate
I don't actually believe people are saying the OP's actions are justified. This guy is now old and close to death. Who knows what he thinks now, what he regrets from his life. Sending that message to him is massively out of order and pretty low.

Soldato
I don't actually believe people are saying the OP's actions are justified. This guy is now old and close to death. Who knows what he thinks now, what he regrets from his life. Sending that message to him is massively out of order and pretty low.

There's mixed views. Some people think someone who shoots a pet dog in cold blood deserves everything he gets. Others think that while that might be the case Justin doesn't do himself any favours with the message.

I think everybody empathises and you're the first, as far as I can see, without empathy for his position. I think it's pretty low, and I think that's why Justin has bad feelings about it... but it's very easy to understand why he said it, and shooting a family pet is, I dunno, I can't find words for it really.

Associate

So a human life is higher than a dog's life in your pecking order? And it's ok to willfully hurt an animal? And be idiotic with firearms?

What goes around comes around!

Soldato
So a human life is higher than a dog's life in your pecking order? And it's ok to willfully hurt an animal? And be idiotic with firearms?

What goes around comes around!

That's not what he's saying at all. Hating on the guy who shot the dog isn't going to do anything for the dog. It's not as if it's a choice of who gets hurt here, the poor doggy has already been shot.

While I don't agree with the guy you're replying to, I certainly don't agree with what you're thinking he's saying.

Man of Honour
No.

To be caught up in the emotion of the moment is one thing, but to genuinely wish suffering on that level onto someone else is never justifiable.

Associate
Guess we'll have to disagree then. We've all done things in the past that we regret. This guy is now old and suffering. As I said the OP has no idea what the man is like now. How might his family feel if they find out about the message? How might it upset them? For that matter it may genuinely upset the man himself. What does potentially making him feel like that achieve? All it's done is make the OP feel better. I find it hard to believe I'm having to explain why wishing death on someone is wrong.

Associate
I think it's a difficult one. The op was obviously very upset by the shooting of the dog. I think the horrible bit is being young when it happens, and as someone hinted at, the op's parents may not have lived up the op's expectations as a child in that situation. There was no justice. Obviously if someone shot the op's dog now, he would have himself to look to. Either get the police involved, or visit the guy with a hammer in each hand or whatever. There would be a release. The op should feel good about it, or feel bad about it, but certainly draw a line under it.

Last edited:
Associate
Guess we'll have to disagree then. We've all done things in the past that we regret. This guy is now old and suffering. As I said the OP has no idea what the man is like now. How might his family feel if they find out about the message? How might it upset them? For that matter it may genuinely upset the man himself. What does potentially making him feel like that achieve? All it's done is make the OP feel better. I find it hard to believe I'm having to explain why wishing death on someone is wrong.

I hear what you're saying. The shooter damaged the op years ago. The op understands that it's wrong to wish death on the dying too, that is why he remains unhappy? ( certainly unsure ) with the situation. He has to forgive everyone now. Himself for not being able to do anything about it as a child, his parents all the more for not acting despite being adults, the shooter for the unpunished attack on his family unit, and finally himself again for wishing death on a dying old man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom