• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X

Associate
Soldato
The wind force cards in my experience have been amongst the quietest cards. You have to remember that 3 larger fans can spin slower therefore generate less noise than one smaller fan spinning faster.

Your PSU should be fine, it's a decent brand and will be up to it. 3 fans on the gfx card will not affect it in the slightest. Plus the 6xx series are more efficient and require less power anyway.

Caporegime
Its a cracking card, extremely quiet under load. Power draw in my rig shows as the following.

Idle, 220w
Load, 419w

Spec
i7 920 @4ghz
12gb ram
Asus p6t dlx x58
1X 120gb ssd
1x itb hdd
Gtx 670 wf.
Blu ray drive
corsair hx 850w
8 fans.

Previously with my sli'd gtx 470's, power draw was 299w at idle, 630w at gaming load. The 3 fan cooling solution is a custom job to keep noise down, much quieter than the stock fan solution.

Last edited:
Associate
The windforce is one of the better custom cooled 670 variants as it runs quieter and cooler than the shorter reference PCB variants. It also overclocks quite well. Don't worry about the 3 fans they aren't going to overload your psu as 650w is plenty. If I was going to buy a 670 the windforce would be the one I would go for.

Associate
If your in the market for a 670 the windforce is the current no brainer , only other one I would consider is the twin fozr III 670 which IMO is slightly better , unfortunatly Overclockers do not stock it currently , but im sure some are in the pieline . But as things are windforce all day long , Get it at current sale price before monday i would .

Soldato
Fantastic, thanks so much for the advice guys, it sounds like a great card. Does it benefit from having 3 fans?

I don't have the 670 but I used to have a 460 wind force with 3 fans, I never heard it, it was always very quiet and very cool, much better than stock fans/cooling.

So Id say it does benefit from the layout on the 670 going of previous experience.

Caporegime
The only thing about the windforce being 'bad' is that it vents into the case rather than externally. If your case cooling is up to it I could recommend it. My 460 is a windforce and it can get loud playing BF3 but it is Overclocked and BF3 pushes it hard. I could probably do with cleaning out the fans too.

Caporegime
Yep, ive noticed a 3c rise in cpu temps, (max risen from 65-68 in game). Still pretty good for an i7 920 @4ghz. Will probably see another jump on the cpu and the top gpu when i add a second card.

Associate
I've got it and I love it :) Super cool, super quiet, and boosts pretty high on stock settings :) Excellent price too atm, I also got it at £380 and have no regrets about buying early.

Back
Top Bottom