Diablo 3 - best class?

Associate
The 'Don't Waste Your Money on This Dross' class beats all the others.

Not much I can say to this comment other than "Why did you bother :rolleyes: ..." - pity there isn't a troll class in D3 ...

Back on topic ...

I'm a complete altoholic when it comes to any game where you can have multiple toons like this and at the moment I've got one of everything on the go except the Barbarian.

Wizard - have only played this one co-op witih a Barb and it starts of pretty weedy, but put some +int gear on it and it's great for nuking from range with something like Arcane Orb, although mine was also doing fine up close last night with Spectral Sword

Witch Doctor - have been playing this one this morning and having now got the Zombie Dogs, it's gone up a gear as I can just stand back and use the blowpipe from range. My bro has one of these around level 20 and he assures me that the damage he puts out is absolutely insane

Monk - this is probably the most therapeutic to play, particularly if you're still using fist weapons! The sheer attack speed is fantastic and again, I'm assured they're absolutely mental at later levels

Demon Hunter - probably the one that puts out the most damage at lower levels, in my experience at least, particularly when you get a crossbow in each hand and the rapid fire skill ... entering a room and hosing down the mobs is awesome fun, although it absolutely chews through your hatred

All mine are low level - the wizard is the highest at level 11 - but all are so much fun, the hardest decision is deciding which I want to play when I sit down for a session.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm playing a demon hunter, great fun but very hard work staying alive. I get chewed up pretty quick by mobs, I'm playing Hell mode at the moment. There were times even in nightmare where a mob would get on me and I'd go down in a couple of hits.

If you can avoid being hit though, great damage and great fun.

Associate
Hi any idea what the best class is in Diablo 3?

Played 1 & 2 years ago so not a complete noob :)

I have been reading around and see a a lot of people say the Barbarion or Hunter.

The best class is the one you enjoy playing :p

Personally im a Barbarian and its really fun being this plate clad, aoe damage dealing, healing juggernaut. But ill reserve judgement until i've tried some other classes.

Caporegime
Based on my experience I'm going to say the classes are in this order for later difficulties:

Monk
Wizard
Demon Hunter/Barbarian
Witch Doctor

For the following reasons:

Monk - super high healing/damage resistance capabilities over every other class. Doesn't have to build power every combat like Barb does

Wizard - easiest to get really high DPS and kite from distance

DH - I have least experience with this class but from what I've observed from people I play with they don't deal quite as much AOE damage as wizards

Barb - Struggles later on as it has to build fury. 2 handed and dual wielding don't really seem to be a valid option

Witch Doctor - Like a ****, less mobile DH. Pets are rubbish.

Soldato
I started with the Wizard and got to roughly level 25.. felt like a change so started a Monk and this class is awesome.. i go round punching everything with super fast combo's bouncing around the screen i feel like Goku from DragonBallZ :D

Soldato
I love my monk but I've hit a wall at act 2 inferno. The regular mobs hit very hard and I'm nicely geared. I'm thinking of trying out a wizard now.

Associate
Currently level 41 witch doctor. Having just unlocked Vision Quest passive I'm now having great fun constantly streaming bats.

Looking forward to zombie bears though at 54. The dps looks amazing!

Associate
I completed with barb, it seemed to me...unless I was doing it wrong...that barb isnt neccesarily about high DPS but survivability.

Ive got frenzy on LMB that heals me for a % if it kills something, you can have bleeding attack on RMB that will feeb back % health. revenge has a rune that adds % health back and then also shouts that increase armor...oh yeah and passives that increase armor and also one that increases the chance of health orbs and how much health they give.

Associate
Got a level 51 barbarian in act 1 of Hell at the moment. Playing purely co-op with my friend's demon hunter.

My survivability is insane up to this point, but things are starting to hit rather hard. I'm a bit behind in armour, though. Just not getting the drops at the minute. I have about 1800 dps in full tank spec. My friend bought a full set of armour and a really good bow off the auction house and is doing more than 3000 dps :eek:

He does go down in one or two hits off the tougher enemies, though... it's a combo that works. I keep everything in one place and take all the big hits while he runs away like a girl :D

Soldato
Witch Doctor for me, currently at 54 and just finished Act 1 on hell. Really enjoying the class atm. Great AoE damage and survivability.

Been playing in a group with a Monk, DH and a Wizard with this spec:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acZXdU!ZbV!aaabZZ

Dire Bats have awesome range and damage and the Poison Dart with splinter rune along with attack speed on gear is great single target damage too.

13 sec CD on Soul Harvest (with a heal) and Spirit Walk (dodge an attack + 30% mana) are just crazy. Grasp and Horrify work great against some of the tough elites in Hell mode too.

Back
Top Bottom