Saab write off, fuel bill pays for Audi A5

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;21976048 said:
Yet you chose the company-car-special 2 litre diesel :( I do not understand :(

Just what is the problem with the TDI, it has more torque does more miles to the gallon, has £0 road tax first year, better residuals and is £500 cheaper than the 2L TFSI (plus as already stated i can buy cheaper Diesel). Still the best option in my eyes, if you going to save a bit best do it right lol.

data3-1.png

0 to 60 does not bother me anymore just trying to be more practical for my motor usage. The truth is i wanted the a more powerful 3L one but for £7,000 odd or more the car still looks the same has the same toys so there was just no point. I can always re-map it if i ever felt the need.

Buying a new car and running it and paying for it out of the fuel bill for an old car, just win!, plus im expecting £#### back from the Gap insurance and if im lucky £#### from the insurance after settling the finance.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This thread has finance
This thread has new
This thread has GAP
This thread has diesel v petrol
This thread has broken stuff
This thread has insurance claims
This thread has posh loan cars

This thread is built for ocuk, watch out OP, the questions are just starting, it will involve you putting up your personal finances, bread, night suns, Jason Plato and custard, my dads harder than your dad. Don't say you weren't warned our kid! :)

Man of Honour
This thread has finance
This thread has new
This thread has GAP
This thread has diesel v petrol
This thread has broken stuff
This thread has insurance claims
This thread has posh loan cars

This thread is built for ocuk, watch out OP, the questions are just starting, it will involve you putting up your personal finances, bread, night suns, Jason Plato and custard, my dads harder than your dad. Don't say you weren't warned our kid! :)

There is no point Housey, he's posted a 0-60 time of 8.2 v 6.9 for the 2.0TFSI and claims that because the 2.0 TDI has 'no torque' he can't understand why you wouldn't choose it.

We could either explain why the 2.0 TDI and its irrelevent high flywheel torque level simply isn't as good, or we could nod, say 'nice S-Line mate' and move on.

Nice S-Line mate.

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;21977728 said:
There is no point Housey, he's posted a 0-60 time of 8.2 v 6.9 for the 2.0TFSI and claims that because the 2.0 TDI has 'no torque' he can't understand why you wouldn't choose it.

We could either explain why the 2.0 TDI and its irrelevent high flywheel torque level simply isn't as good, or we could nod, say 'nice S-Line mate' and move on.

Nice S-Line mate.

44mpg ver 61mpg was more my thinking obviously adjusted still more. 0 to 60 just aint that relevant in rush hour traffic, its plenty quick enough for my needs. The torque was one of six reasons to have the TDI and you choose to jump all over that one.

Getting slated for been a more responsible driver wicked! Dont forget the whole point was buying the car and running it with the Saab`s fuel bill which i did.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;21977728 said:

Nice S-Line mate.

Fox it's OK, it isn't white ;)

Soldato
Fox, get over it.
Occasionally people buy cars which you wouldn't; do we really need 5 pages of questioning every time.

Associate
OP
[TW]Fox;21978241 said:
Doesn't this all hinge on the car returning 61mpg rather than the 40mpg it's far more likely to manage in rush hour traffic?

Not going to win with you am i, the TDI is still a good car, cannot see you problem with trying to be sensible for my motoring needs, all in all it will still be better on fuel than the petrol version. I already said at the start i will never see 61 mpg average, i guessed mid 50 others say 45-50.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fox, get over it.
Occasionally people buy cars which you wouldn't; do we really need 5 pages of questioning every time.

No more than they need you defending them. It's only a 2 page thread, get over yourself.

Its a thread about buying a car. In it, people discuss buying that car.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom