• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** GTX 670 Overclocking Thread ***

Associate
mine Gigabyte GTX 670 WindForce OC
Untitled.jpg

Caporegime
Make & Model: Gigabyte gtx 670 windforce
Best Boost clock:1320mhz
Temp: 61c
Noise: None
Heaven Score: 2102
Heaven Avg. FPS: 83.5

heav670oc6.png

+130 on the core, any higher and driver stopped responding error. +770 on the memory.

Soldato
setter said:
Make & Model: Gigabyte gtx 670 windforce
Best Boost clock:1320mhz
Temp: 61c
Noise: None
Heaven Score: 2102
Heaven Avg. FPS: 83.5
+130 on the core, any higher and driver stopped responding error. +770 on the memory.
What was the highest fan % for that? just curious. :)

Caporegime
39% Nelly iirc, seen in the other thread about your wf hitting 70c, bit strange as you have much better airflow in your case than mine. My bitfenix shinobi xl only has two half inch mesh strips on the front, though i do have a floor mounted intake fan as well. Albeit it doesnt shift a lot of air.

IMG_0035-1.jpg

Associate
Didn't help :(
I've been messing with this for quite a while now, even tried fresh windows install, same thing. Also firstly tried .42 drivers from the website, then removed and installed older .25 ones from disk - still same thing.

Also every time I restart - it crashes at start for few sec, and then message pops that it was recovered.

In heaven btw, when I start it after windows restart, it starts with nice 70-80 fps, and then gradually keeps dropping, and by the time it reaches last few scenes, it is crawling and freezing at ~10 fps. Also if I try to run it again after that, it starts at about 20 fps and crashes shortly after.

All that at stock clocks...

Not sure what to do, do you think I got a bad card? Or is it something obvious I am missing? Thanks

Soldato
setter said:
39% Nelly iirc, seen in the other thread about your wf hitting 70c, bit strange as you have much better airflow in your case than mine. My bitfenix shinobi xl only has two half inch mesh strips on the front, though i do have a floor mounted intake fan as well. Albeit it doesnt shift a lot of air
Thanks for the info, yes it's cold inside my case so no problem in that respect, a few others got the same temps I guess it's a silicon lottery with graphics chips.

Caporegime
If i do get another wf, ill maybe go for a sh proven clocker, as id like one that will at least match the current one i have. Saying that though, a single card is coping very well at the minute.

Soldato
If i do get another wf, ill maybe go for a sh proven clocker, as id like one that will at least match the current one i have. Saying that though, a single card is coping very well at the minute.

As it is the only reason I can see why anyone would need more than 1 670 is for resolutions above 1080 or for more grunt in 3D Vision. I was shocked at how well the 670 handled BF3.

Caporegime
Id like to either get a higher res monitor, or a 1080 120Hz screen, still on my ancient 60Hz Benq fp241w, (1920x1200) still a pretty decent panel though. Im also really impressed with how the card handles bf3, even compared to my oc'd gtx 470's. The best bits being the silence and the 2gb of vram onboard.

Back
Top Bottom