****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Soldato
Can I flash an official firmware not from the UK? There are newer ones out but not from here?

EDIT:

Nevermind, did it anyway! Now running ICS! What's the best launcher to use these days? Using LauncherPro at the moment still (didn't wipe) but it's a bit old now...

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all,

Still on the stock rom.

Please can you recommend one which looks good and gives improved battery life.

A step by step to install would also help if anyone has the time. My phone is on the 02 network.

Thanks again.

Soldato
Am i the only one seriously bored of changing roms? I cant find a single rom that functions proprly even for the basic tasks i use my phone there are little nighles everywhere! For eg i love hydrogenics for what it offers but at the same time it has some game breaking bugs. I like sensation rom but its just sluggish at some parts :-\

Soldato
Am i the only one seriously bored of changing roms? I cant find a single rom that functions proprly even for the basic tasks i use my phone there are little nighles everywhere! For eg i love hydrogenics for what it offers but at the same time it has some game breaking bugs. I like sensation rom but its just sluggish at some parts :-\

Nah Mega happy with paranoid android now. Most roms are rubbish though. Personally never been impressed with hydrogenics.

Associate
Since moving to NeatROM 1.91 (XWLPD) my battery life has definitely improved. Overnight it'll drop just 1% rather than the 3% I was used to and by the end of the day with moderate web browsing, a couple of hours of listening to music and the odd call I tend to be at 80% as opposed to the 70% I'd gotten used to.

This is in comparison to four other ICS ROMs (three were earlier NeatROM versions, the first was WanamLite a month or two ago).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Stock battery is back in mine now, extended sold for £20 even with 3 watchers left at the end! Still, not bad for that price I suppose. My original battery has not seen the phone or a charger since getting the extended battery and it's been in the box ever since, plugging it in now it still retained 100% charge.

Modern battery tech is rather impressive for holding charge, at least you now know that you can keep an original spare in the car for emergencies and not be worried about it going flat over time.

Back
Top Bottom