*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
No one else seems to have answered you but you don't lose anything at all by changing quest. It just means if you want to get to the latest point in the story then you need to change quest again (or play through to that point). There isn't any downside, you keep all of your gear/level/stash/etc and you will need to farm if you want to build up your gear/level.

Just started nightmare, boy it's a step up in difficulty!!!

You're in for a treat.

Act 1 -> Act 2 in Nightmare is a bigger jump than Act 4 Normal -> Act 1 Nightmare imo :p

Soldato
You're in for a treat.

Act 1 -> Act 2 in Nightmare is a bigger jump than Act 4 Normal -> Act 1 Nightmare imo :p

Yeah I've heard that, I don't know if I'll get to Hell and beyond, playing as a Demon Hunter and tactics that did work are not so good anymore and the mobs with teleport/waller/etc make it very hard to avoid being swamped.

I think I'll probably just try out another character, probably the Monk rather than force myself through Hell/Inferno.

Associate
Completed act 1 NM last night on the monk, actually seemed easier than acts 3/4 normal. Have turned into a bit of a glass cannon though, level 39, something like 800 armor, 3k health and 1.5k dps. When I see some of you guys stating your hp/dps I am gobsmacked at the difference, there must be a huge increase somewhere.

Soldato
Completed act 1 NM last night on the monk, actually seemed easier than acts 3/4 normal. Have turned into a bit of a glass cannon though, level 39, something like 800 armor, 3k health and 1.5k dps. When I see some of you guys stating your hp/dps I am gobsmacked at the difference, there must be a huge increase somewhere.

You just need to invest a little if your allowing yourself to use the AH.

With my first char i got it to 60 and only bought 2/3 items on the AH as i didnt want to make it to easy, but with my alts (so to speak) im decking them out in cheap good gear.

I got my Barb to 28 last night, was at like 250dps and 2k hp, went to the AH put the filter for 3k buyout on items and spent 15k on pretty much all armour and weapons.

I now have 788dps and 4.2k HP at level 28 and just steam role things, not bothered about normal wanting to get to hell/inferno as quickly as possible. It gets boring doing the easier difficulty after doing inferno.

http://i49.tinypic.com/11uci6f.jpg

Shame the screenshots are such bad quality, but you get the jist.

Soldato
You're in for a treat.

Oh God yes it is.

Anyone got a heads up about the Act 2 NM -> Act 3 NM jump? I'l probably be making that leap later today...

All of it :). Bear in mind that was in farming gear, and with 5/NV buff. I had GF190%/MF220%.

You completed hell in a day... How depressing -.- Next target is do it in an hour :p

It's taking me about a day to do one act of NM...

V1bez, was just wondering how you got such a high DPS at such a low level (42 and 400 here), and then I saw all your Rubies xD

kd

Soldato
Had a little go tonight, enough to get me hooked anyway, up to level 6 after an hour or so play.

Going through as Monk, as seemed to be a class I would enjoy playing.

Will hopefully have a couple of hours free tomorrow and then the majority of Saturday to put some game time in.

Soldato
How're you Monks doing in Hell/Inferno?

I've done Hell Act1 as a Monk, I think I need better gear so I am farming Hell Act 1 for a bit. I am level 54.

Using,

FoT: Quickening
SW:60% WD Rune (can't remember the name)
Serenity: With the Heal
Mystic Ally: Earth Ally
BoH: With 45 sec 15% buff
MoH: With BoP

Passives
Transcendence
One with everything
"The one that makes dex into armour"

Have around 17k HP
Dex: 1000
Armour: 2600ish
Dodge: 30%
Resistance: 100 (27%)

Typing this at work so I am limited to my memory!

Associate
Oh God yes it is.

Anyone got a heads up about the Act 2 NM -> Act 3 NM jump? I'l probably be making that leap later today...

I struggled big time against Belial, got someone of a higher level to come in and help me. As i got to act 3 though i ended up changing most of my gear with stuff from the AH. I think i went from level 43 with ~600dps and 4.5k life to being the same level with ~900dps and 14k life. I then went and helped a mate kill Belial with no trouble at all.

I'm a few levels higher now but Act 3 has been easy for me so far. I don't think i've even died (apart from maybe when typing to someone).

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the blacksmith become worth while at any point? I am currently level 41 and have put pretty much all of my money into him and the jewel crafter and yet the weapons he can make are about 40dps off my current setup from random drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom