Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Associate
Thought i`d fire mine up after not playing it for ages,done the conversion and now a 5gb dl?
Seems i`ve missed out of a few patches. :D

...Ah,big update patch. How`s it playing now after that long list of updates/changes?

It plays much better. Minor balance changes take out some my irks on a few maps I had problems with. Client hit detection is much better, not played classic or action modes but the defaul realism mode is tweaked (Such as applying bandage now takes much longer rather than being able to heal before the other player has a chance to bolt rifle)

Not played the new map but interface & gameplay changes much welcomed. Can now customise your weapon so I can have my sight hood back on my k98 if i want to etc.

The 5gb download is definately worth it. Don't pay £30 for Failfield 3 & Orighey. Play this instead :D

Permabanned
hmm so has this patch bought back a lot of players then?

full servers etc

i might just re install if it has... BF3 has bored me now and my FPS fix is Napoleon Mount and Blade :D

Associate
its slightly improved but not enough to get me back into playing it. Its just still not half as good as RO1. One positive thing is that there are now plenty of people playing it so hopefully this will put some momentum behind the much needed map and mod makers.

Soldato
Ive played three maps now on a realism server. I have to say its really good going back to one shot kills (most of the time) and sneaking around. Smoke grenades are being used tactically, and players shouting out orders.
I think ive found a very good server and have added it to favourites.

Associate
I think ive found a very good server and have added it to favourites.

Sounds good what server is it. I have played a few hours today and there is so much team killing lol. After taking a few mins to get the spot I want, Get the MG ready and then I get shoot by a new player on my team. But I am still having fun :D

Associate
I love this game with wild abandon. I think people just need to stick with it, learn the maps and the nuances and you'll not look back.

Performance is about double what I used to get, Phenom 2 955 and a 5870 at stock and I've seen it as high as 150fps, that's not even facing a wall on the lowest settings, a mix of high and medium(shadows etc). I also think that when you absorb the detail, it's quite lovely looking, in that dismal WW2 hellish kind of way.

Caporegime
a lot of people are like THIS GAME IS AMAZING

Guess what it wasn't, it was **** terrible probably the worst mp fps shooter of the year. However now it's really good, it's what it should've been like when it came out, performance is spot on... hitreg is great and it's damn good fun!.

it's an 8/10 game now just because of a few bugs

Associate
played about an hour so far, something I really love is the reactionary voice over, I was trying to counter snipe someone earlier and my character was saying different things like "come on show yourself.." really cool!

Associate
I have played a few hours today and there is so much team killing lol. After taking a few mins to get the spot I want, Get the MG ready and then I get shoot by a new player on my team. But I am still having fun :D

Your story sounds like the guy i accedentally tk'd. There was a a guy camped with a MG in a building just off a spawn point,(don't know the name of the map) so when we ran out he would get you. Took me a couple of deaths to figure his postion. Then went the otherway out the point proned behind a bush, waited for his muzzle flash and fired. I got the kill but it turned out in the time it took me to aim the shot and fire he got killed and i tk'd the guy who did it. Or it was just some jerk camped there team kiling for fun.

Associate
Your story sounds like the guy i accedentally tk'd. There was a a guy camped with a MG in a building just off a spawn point,(don't know the name of the map) so when we ran out he would get you. Took me a couple of deaths to figure his postion. Then went the otherway out the point proned behind a bush, waited for his muzzle flash and fired. I got the kill but it turned out in the time it took me to aim the shot and fire he got killed and i tk'd the guy who did it. Or it was just some jerk camped there team kiling for fun.

Well I don't camp the spawn point:( But it was on Fallen Fighters. If you move to the right side of the map you can shoot the Axis when they stand up and run, in the middle of the map :)

Only started with the MG last night I am missing my OP zoom:p

Associate
It must have been someone who just found they can get loads of kills by spawn camping. I havent seen so much team killing in a game for years, every server i went on someone was complaining about the team killing.
With everyone running around i found it quite had to tell the difference between the teams at first glance, then im dead before i can react. Guess i need more practice :)

Back
Top Bottom