Question about Three's internet usage.....

Soldato
I'm currently paying £17 p/m for 500 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB data on my SGS2.

Since I've recently bought a Galaxy Tab 7.7 I've been looking into tethering my phone to the tab while I'm away from a wi-fi connection.

I remember reading somewhere that my existing tariff doesn't allow tethering but when I rang them a week or so ago, the woman on the phone said it was fine!

Since this I've been looking at how much it would cost to have the "All you can eat data" bolt-on and it says on the website that it's an extra £3 p/m but that too doesn't allow tethering!

My questions are; a) would Three be able to tell if I was tethering? (I've checked and it works fine with my 7.7!) and b) if "All you can eat data" is £3 p/s, then why is 2GB "Internet Max" an extra £5.11 p/m!?!?!? (again, it says it doesn't allow tethering!)

Has anyone got any experience of these various plans and why they differ??

Soldato
If you are on finite amounts of internet, then most mobile operators don't really care how you use it (although a lot say you shouldn't tether).

However, as soon as you switch to unlimited packages, as you can imagine, tethering can potentially result in very high usage and so they become stricter.

The 2GB package is a legacy package which existed long before unlimited data package came out.

Associate
The person on the phone didn't know what they were talking about...

If you want tethering (officially, with no funny business) you would have to upgrade a "One Plan"

The 2GB Internet Max is probably the bolt on for the old contracts (like Mix & Match) so you wouldn't be able to get it on a new-style contract where the £3 'All You Can Eat' applies.

Back
Top Bottom