Xbox controller for non FPS games?

Soldato
even if you dont use it for those games it will be a million times better than mouse + keyboard for any driving game.

i even switch to the xbox controller if i'm driving or flying on some shooting games

Associate
I have to admit I do find my Xbox controller very handy in certain games(console ports) just seems to be smoother and more laid back (I probably feel like this because I've come from playing my Xbox and consoles for many years then returning back to pc gaming)

Soldato
Definately, other than FPS, use the controller for third person games, driving games etc, its much better. Even use it for games like BF3, to fly jets and drive the vehicles, its so much better. I just keep the controller on my lap so as soon as I jump into a vehicle or a jet, just grab the controller and away you go!

Soldato
If there's decent pad support in a game I'll use it - mostly game on the sofa with a Plasma TV. Bioware remove pad support from their console ports but it's fine for every other cross platform game. Great for 3rd person action stuff and racers.

Soldato
If there's decent pad support in a game I'll use it - mostly game on the sofa with a Plasma TV. Bioware remove pad support from their console ports but it's fine for every other cross platform game. Great for 3rd person action stuff and racers.

I use Pinnacle Game Profiler to play ME3 on PC with a 360 pad. Works a treat.

Associate
If you've ever tried to play super meat boy on a keyboard you'll know how much of a life saver a controller can be

Damn straight! The game must be so much harder without it. The 360 controller deffinately has it's place when used with a PC. Keyboard and mouse are still the king but for stuff like Fallout, Skyrim and emulators they are awesome.
I use mine on occasion for team fortress 2 but only for support class stuff (Medic, engineer) when I want a bit of sofa time.

Back
Top Bottom