Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Soldato
It must have been someone who just found they can get loads of kills by spawn camping. I havent seen so much team killing in a game for years, every server i went on someone was complaining about the team killing.
With everyone running around i found it quite had to tell the difference between the teams at first glance, then im dead before i can react. Guess i need more practice :)

This is probably because of the free weekend. Lots of new players on a game with a steep learning curve means a lot of accidental TKs. Hopefully it will die down.

Some things to look out for are the helmets each soldier is wearing (Germans have that distinctive coal scuttle shape) but also you can tell by the player movement. German soldiers sprint with their weapons held in one hand as they were trained; the Russians spring with the weapon clasped in both hands. Handy indicator to identify a running solider at range :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I am playing with the native language option on. Brings back the old Mohaa feelings with some of the german sayings. Game needs some more new maps though to be fully resurected. I think I get slightly more enjoyment out of realism mode than classic, though classic seems to be the most popular of the two at the moment. Still end up being killed mostly by auto rifle spray more than anything else though, in either mode. I wish they'd just take that gun out of the game tbh.

Associate
The only terrible thing that's come out of this so far is that new players don't get the concept of assaulting the cap zones and the games play out really stupidly.

Spartanovka, defending as Russian. 1/4 of the team holding D and trying to push back to C, whist 3/4 of the team are sat a grid square or more behind E. Nightmare.

The worst is on Apartments. People smoking the bridge instead of the firing ports, and no one even trying to assault the building. Only way i've found to get people moving is to push myself until I get inside, then get the 20+ bayonet kills you pretty much insta-get for being there, then pointing out my kills over comms.

Associate
Was getting an annoying stutter today it would stall for a split second and drop to 40fps then resume.

Do you get a funny sound glitching effect as well?

My favourite gun :D

This game is worth the money to anyone who isn't sure. More people need to be confident with the bolt. I think many people are afraid to attack with just a rifle vs smg etc. (Not a complaint, just abservation)

Too many people go for smg, semi auto etc, but once you start using it more, you get your confidence up loads.

Caporegime
Wow that server was bad, swearing and insults through voip, no team work, hitreg wasn't that great and people moaning about cheaters!

Joined another server everything was ok had fun but still HOW do i shut these people up on mic :(

Caporegime
Getting some stuttering tonight and the pop in is rather annoying, turns out it's to do with unreals streaming of textures causing it!

good tweak guide

poolSize=512

replaced all LODBias=0 to LODBias=-2 (except SkeletalMeshLODBias and
ParticleLODBias).

FoliageDrawRadiusMultiplier=2.0
The file to change is C://Users/USERNAME/Documents/My Games/RedOrchestra2/ROGame/Config/ROEngine.ini

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom