*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/29/cd-...-not-witcher-1-consoles/#.T8UaazEBO4E.twitter

“The major announcement on the conference tomorrow is related to the gun icon on cdpred.com career page. We will give you the first bit of information about our second AAA RPG in development. We have some really exciting news to share, so make sure join us at 5PM GMT on our live-stream: facebook.com/thewitcher.”

TlYCH.jpg

UGPJJ.jpg
CD Projekt RED has just unveiled their new triple-A RPG game and we have the first juicy details about it. First and foremost, the game is called Cyberpunk and is based on Mike Pondsmith’s 1988 Cyberpunk, a pen & paper RPG system. CD Projekt RED’s Cyberpunk promises to feature rich and futuristic world, ultra modern technology, as well as decadent and degenerated human society.

Cyberpunk will be a mature RPG for mature up audiences, realistic and brutal, with a gripping non-linear story that is filled with life and detail.

Naturally, the game’s RPG mechanics will be based on the Pen & Paper RPG System.

The game will feature a varied selection of different character classes with gigantic arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-tech toys.

Cyberpunk will have a Blade Runner feel to it and is developed by a new team that was formed in CD Projekt RED. CDPR is using the latest version of their RED Engine and promise to release a mind-blowing product that will live up to the company’s earlier creations.
Here is also the first concept art of Cyberpunk, straight from CDPR’s conference. Enjoy!
It’s set in a futuristic world with a degenerated society and like the tabletop game, it will be a mature RPG, set in the series’ “realistic and brutal” world.

Cyberpunk designer and RPG vet Mike Pondsmith has been working on the videogame adaption with CDP for over a year, and took to the stage to talk about the game’s setting.

At the conference, CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwinski promised players that this game would have all of the hallmarks of the Witcher series with rich detail. It will be a non-linear experience with “a complex and gripping story.”

Players will experience the world through their own, unique characters chosen from different classes – be they blood-thirsty mercenaries or cunning hackers – that they will equip with vast selection of cybernetic implants and deadly weapons. A

As in the Witcher series, players will face morally ambiguous choices, their actions influencing events in the world at large and the fate of the individuals they encounter.

“For over two decades, I’ve been proud to say that Cyberpunk’s been the gold standard of what it means to be a true cyberpunk game,” said Pondsmith. “And it’s been a huge success for me and our many fans, with over 5 million players worldwide. But over all that time we haven’t found the right team to bring our Cyberpunk world to full digital life — until now.

“CD Projekt Red is the team we’ve been hoping for. Their incredible work on The Witcher and The Witcher 2 shows that they share the same dedication and love of great games that we do at Talsorian. I’m especially stoked that they want our participation in making this game a fantastic project that will live up to everything Cyberpunk fans (old and new) have been waiting for. Trust me — this game is going to rock.”

This game will be developed by a new team at CDP RED composed of veterans from the Witcher franchise.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/30/witcher-2-enhanced-coming-to-mac-in-the-fall/
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-pr...-with-similar-feel-to-the-blade-runner-movie/

CD Projekt RED has revealed some new information about Cyberpunk, as well as its official title. Cyberpunk 2077 promises to be an ambitious RPG for mature audience that is set in year 2077. The game will take place in a sandbox environment of a vivid and detailed night city and will feature a multi-thread story.

In addition, Cyberpunk 2077 will feature advanced RPG mechanics that will be based on pen&paper RPG system and will be upgraded to the 2077 setting.

Moreover, CDPR has promised a gigantic arsenal of weapons, upgrades, implants and cool high-rech gadgets.

In other news, The Witcher 2 is coming to Mac and CDPR has demonstrated the REDkit mod tool.

Cyberpunk 2077 is currently planned for a 2013 release on the PC!

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/cd-pr...per-title-will-feature-a-sandbox-environment/

Last edited:
Permabanned
Instant interest based on my love of Cyber-Punk, RPGs and appreciation of their talented work on Witcher 1 & 2.

Elsewhere I see some spewing the "cheap DXHR/other rip-off" irrationality, but fingers-crossed it's an awesomely original and worthy game :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I see cyberpunk. I R EXCITE!

In slightly related news, I managed to pick up a copy of the Witcher 2 premium edition in Morrisons yesterday for £7 - if you haven't yet got a copy, might be worth taking a look in your local =D

Back
Top Bottom