A battlefield2 thread

Soldato
The thing that annoys me most about BF2 is the sprint timer, and how slow the walk speed is (given the size of the maps). Constant audio spam from the commander also gets on my nerves.

a lot of things like that were cut from the PR mod version but it was also close to 1 shot death. I not played it in a while but very good quality, these mods were effectively excluded from BF3 for being far too much competition to the paid DLC

Soldato
I still play Forgotten Hope 2 sometimes, there are still people playing it.
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

..that is a fantastic mod for BF2, played hundreds of hours on it myself, trouble is, there is a hardcore of about 20 players that ruin the game these days, so i've pretty much stopped playing now.

They know every map glitch and exploit going and aren't afraid to use them, so they dominate every round, it gets really old, seeing the same old names winning ALL the time.

Moderation on the 762 servers is a joke, they even have previously banned cheats as mods ffs, HSLAN is the best public server, but can be quite difficult to get on.

Soldato
Thinking of reinstalling and playing again for a while. Just wondering what the latest patch is? Do I still have to go in a certain order or is there one big patch to go from base game to latest version.

Thanks.

Soldato
Thinking of reinstalling and playing again for a while. Just wondering what the latest patch is? Do I still have to go in a certain order or is there one big patch to go from base game to latest version.

Thanks.

Whilst I cannot tell you not to, I did recently and wished I had not. It is like seeing an old friend who does not look or act the way you remember them. My last memory of the best game ever made was tainted. :(

Anyway, I think the last patch can be run by itself, though I cannot be sure as I re-purchased it on Steam as my disc was so scratched and it patched itself.

Soldato
Been loving the revive version of this.... Still play it regularly!

wow its been five years since someone posted in this thread

11 years later, I still love the game, just can't let this one go its my favourite after Mario and Zelda. Its my favourite pc game. In play mostly Karkand ands infantry only. Hope the game lives on for many years to come, will be sad to seen it die.

Back
Top Bottom