Venus to put on Sun spectacular

Soldato
Lol, what were you expecting?

It's a planet moving across the face of the Sun, it won't happen again for another 100 years...

I think that's pretty impressive and fascinating to watch.

yeah, i guess i shouldn't be expecting much more than i'm getting

will i be able to see it with the naked eye if i stay up till sunrise?
*edit*
nvm, stupid question, looking directly at the sun isnt exactly the smartest idea :rolleyes:

Last edited:

One

One

Soldato
UV is blocked by glass and the light from the sun will never blind you so you can look at the sun from inside your house without fear.

Soldato
yeah, i guess i shouldn't be expecting much more than i'm getting

will i be able to see it with the naked eye if i stay up till sunrise?
*edit*
nvm, stupid question, looking directly at the sun isnt exactly the smartest idea :rolleyes:

Yeah...not the best idea! You wouldn't see it with the naked eye even if you had the solar goggles you get for eclipses...you can see how small the dot is compared to the Sun on the live feed, you would need a telescope with solar filters projecting it onto a piece of card to be able to watch it.

Unless your 105.5 years, I don't quiet believe you saw this event the last time it happened.

As PermaBanned says, the last transit was in 2004, it happens in pairs eight years apart, now it'll be 105 years until the next one, then 113 years until the one after.

Associate
Yeah...not the best idea! You wouldn't see it with the naked eye even if you had the solar goggles you get for eclipses...you can see how small the dot is compared to the Sun on the live feed, you would need a telescope with solar filters projecting it onto a piece of card to be able to watch it.

As PermaBanned says, the last transit was in 2004, it happens in pairs eight years apart, now it'll be 105 years until the next one, then 113 years until the one after.

Damn, it's been 105.5 years since 2004? Time flies...

Yes, I do apologise. I got my information wrong.

Back
Top Bottom