Ground Branch + Kickstarter FPS Thread

Caporegime
Associate
cmicsfee.gif

Donated. Although asking for 400k in a month is a bit asking too much I reckon.

Caporegime
OP
a lot of companies asking way above what most people would lately...

You need to be extremely good at advertising or had a great previous game to lead people to kickstart 300k+

Soldato

You need to be extremely good at advertising or had a great previous game to lead people to kickstart 300k+

Pretty much sums it up, as much as I would love to see this game reach its goal I honestly cannot see it happening with such a high goal.

Soldato

Yogscast managed to get quite a bit and they have 0 gaming experience.

But they do have a zerg of 400k clueless idiots.

Associate

Agree, seen quite a few projects get nowhere near their targets and failed. I also find it a little cheeky that some of them just relaunch the kickstarter project just because they didn't reach their target. Some do it the right way and say they're going to develop it more before relaunching but to just relaunch it is questionable when it comes to that development team.

As for Ground Branch, what a terrible name for a game :o, game targets me as I loved the first Ghost Recon and Raven shield, but that name.....:(

Last edited:
Associate
On the other hand, it's probably more of a realistic target (no pun intended) than a lot of projects and if it doesn't make it then there's no loss. Still it'd be good to see their NORG concept come to fruition - this is pretty much what we were aiming for with Infiltration (UT mod if you've never heard of it) and IMO the whole reason modern "realistic" shooters completely miss the point.

I'm not particularly sold on the name either, but at least it keeps with the tradition of "Rainbow Six: Random Words".

Associate
I hope more people back this up, I'm a bit afraid they are aiming for a way too big goal but who knows, I hope it'll catch up.

Come on people, aren't you bored to tears of CoD and MW "gameplay"?

Those people are really trying to push the genre in a better direction.

Associate
These guys are worth donating to.

I've been on their forums for a while (I donated before they had a kickstarter) and they are really working on this, are capable of delivering if funded and will turn out a very good game. A lot of these projects I am pretty dubious about but these are real life game developers who make real games.

The dev team includes some proper old school people from Ubisoft from back when Ubisoft made tac shooters (remember them days? when the clancy badge didn't mean "Knee high walls"?). They've got really first rate advisors too. Hatchetforce is their main consultant if anyone knows him from elsewhere.

This will be the game you have been waiting for if you miss oldschool ghost recon and ArmA doesn't quite hit the spot. Nobody else is going to make it.

Also, big ups UT: Infiltration. That was a great game :D Not sure if I installed it on my new PC yet.

edit
The name is the name of a CIA unit that does James Bond stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is my first donation to a kickstarter program. Gave $125 to this project as it has real potential to give us the tactical shooter we have been promised so many times but has never materialised.

I am desperate for a game that my choices and mistakes live with me throughout the game. Real choices about weapons and armor are missing in every game recently released.

If you have a spare £20 then please consider this a worthy investment for the future of PC gaming.

Associate
I'll be donating when I get home, the original rainbow six games (before they turned to 3RD person shootfests) were some of the best gaming I have ever experienced in my 30 odd years as a gamer, Lan sessions round a mates house trying to crack a tough mission where syncing your assaults with split second timing was life or death, I'm getting misty eyed just thinking about it, I really hope this takes off, Please game gods I'll be good I swear!

Associate
Saw an article about this on RPS which got my attention.

Have just donated for the $30 tier for two digital copies of the game. Unfortunately I don't think they'll get the money that they need.

Lot's of people say they want this type of game, but I don't think enough of them will put their money where their mouth is.

Soldato
I hope this succeeds, a new raven shield/ghost recon would be amazing and these are the guys to bring it.

Spent so much time playing coop raven shield with friends.

I'm sure I checked this game out a few months ago before this kickstarter and i'm sure they were saying in the forum they were stopping dev, but it might have been another game.

When you play raven shield it high lights how bad modern fps games are, back then we had doors you could interact with, multiple fireing modes, nade tosses, games that required a bit of thought and slow and steady.

entering multiple doors in tandem to take down terrorists, flash and go!

Associate
Hopefully they get a surge at the end and get the money they need. The game looks great and I can't wait to play it.

Back
Top Bottom