Canon 650D announced

Soldato
I would have thought this will end up around the same price as the Nikon D3200.

The buffer kills it for me. Apparently it slows down after shooting only 6 RAW (same as 550D) files at 5fps. I might have been interested if it was nearer 10 or 12.

Shame.

Soldato
The 1x00D range are the entry level (£300), a 7D is still over a grand. The 600D launched at £679 so the price will soon come down I'm sure.

The 40mm f2.8 pancake lens at £229 looks interesting?

Caporegime
Also when the 7D is replaced they won't be competing with each other. The 7D is by far the oldest canon on sale. I doubt it will be too much longer before something comes along to replace it.

The best thing on this new camera is decent AF in video mode. Which should then make it on to the next canon bodies.

For the first time in a Canon EOS DSLR, the EOS Rebel T4i includes Canon’s new Movie Servo AF for recording video. When used with Canon’s new EF and EF-S STM lenses, the camera can provide smooth and quiet continuous AF while recording video. This technological breakthrough enables the new EOS Rebel T4i to achieve AF while still retaining a DSLR camera’s signature background blur and image quality, producing stunning videos of parties, events, summer vacations or graduations.

When shooting video with Canon’s STM lenses, AF also remains silent, helping ensure you only capture the sound of the scene being recorded. The EOS Rebel T4i features a built-in stereo microphone, a first for the Rebel line, that includes an attenuator function to reduce audio distortion in extra loud situations

Soldato
Plus going by Canon's latest pricing strategy, we know the 7D successor will debut at a far higher price than the current one.

Caporegime
Hmm yeah wasn't the 7D body £1600 at launch. No doubt that will be 2k :D

I have a couple of months to make a decision but Canon are practically forcing me over to Nikon.

Associate
ims till sporting a 400d mate

about the only problem I'm finding with my 400d, is the lack of live view. The only reason I find it a problem not having it, is trying to do astrophotography with it means having to attempt to focus a very bright or very dim object in the sky manually. The majority of my shots come out blurry, then there is the odd few that come out perfect

Associate
It's an interesting camera - some nice additions there but I think the price is just over the acceptable price range for this type of camera (remembering who the xxxD is marketed to). I get the feeling that Canon are probably trying to keep their cash reserves up however that needs to be balanced against sales.

The dpreview link mentions "Integrated Speedlite Transmitter" - I assume this the same tech as 60D and 7D? That's certainly a nice addition to the xxxD range.

Soldato
about the only problem I'm finding with my 400d, is the lack of live view. The only reason I find it a problem not having it, is trying to do astrophotography with it means having to attempt to focus a very bright or very dim object in the sky manually. The majority of my shots come out blurry, then there is the odd few that come out perfect

the problem i have on my 400d is the controls compared to a pro body. too much fiddling to change certain settings on the fly plus no custom setting profiles u can save and load.

No Auto ISO as well, only up to 3200 ISO and a tiny tiny viewfinder making ti useless manualy focusing.

The AF system is pants as well with only the centre point AF usable.

Parents still have a 400D too. Does what they need it for with the kit lens.
When I upgrade it'll be to a 5D, probably a MKIII..... but that wont be for a while yet.

likewise. 5d3 for me unless 7d2 offers same low Noise as the 5d2

Soldato
The only way they will achieve that though is if they change the 7D2 into a full-frame sensor instead of the APS-C cropped 1.6. While it is still a cropped frame, the 7D series will not be as good as the 5D2 or 3 in terms of noise problems.
Sony sensors says otherwise mate.

The sony sensors are pretty good mate.

Also, the 5d3 is basically a 7d+5d2 rolled into one

Back
Top Bottom