Halfords........

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think it's more reasonable to assume, considering what he bought, that it's quite likely he has a flat tyre, and has potentially walked some distance from his car to get the equipment to fix it...

(Yes I'm well aware the OP has stated he walked from work, but just because he was buying car stuff, doesn't mean his car is outside. ;))

No that's no excuse. I get asked if I want a bag even if I have just one item that fits in my pocket.

Soldato
Yup i've done that so many times. And it drives them insane. Don't matter what store it is. They all bloody hate it.

I love it when i do it, make sure i give them right big fat smile :D
That is the reason why people in retail get treated like garbage. Do you have to make it bad for the rest of us who want to provide good customer service?

Edit: Sorry I thought you worked in retail :D

Soldato
If it was going to be a real issue carrying them, then I would have asked for the Manager. I'm sure it's discretional and in those circumstances the cashier didn't bother to ask you first, which I'm sure they should have done.

I understand the idea behind charging for carrier bags from the environmental point of view, but it often feels like its a way for a retailer to make a little extra. Plus I personally always recycle my carrier bags anyway.

Associate
In my experience Halfords staff are rubbish.

I once bought a bike from Halfords when I was 15/16. Got it all fitted and ajusted in shop by a 'trained member of staff' and as was their guarantee for it all to be in working order before it left the shop, I decided to ride the bike the 4 miles home... on my way down quite a steep hill the pedals fell off and the handlebars came away in my hands... This sent me careening over a wall and into into a flower bed... the owners of which found me entangled some 10 minutes later in the remains of my 'bike'.

Last edited:
Soldato
In my experience Halfords staff are rubbish.

I once bought a bike from Halfords when I was 15/16. Got it all fitted and ajusted in shop by a 'trained member of staff' and as was their guarantee for it all to be in working order before it left the shop, I decided to ride the bike the 4 miles home... on my way down quite a steep hill the pedals fell off and the handlebars came away in my hands... This sent me careening over a wall and into into a flower bed... the owners of which found me entangled some 10 minutes later in the remains of my 'bike'.

Shouldn't laugh, but I did!

KaHn

Soldato
I just went to Halfords at lunch time to buy a battery powered tyre pump, a can of tyre weld, some cloths and a few other bits and pieces. The altercation at the checkout I have re-produced for your amusement.

Me: *Puts items on cash desk*
Girl: *Rings up items*
Me: *Pays for items*
Me: Can I have a bag?
Girl: Bags are 2p
Me: *Hands over Visa again* OK, can I have a bag?
Girl: Sorry, we can't accept Visa for 2p
Me: I need a bag.
Girl: They're 2p
Me: I don't have any cash. Can you just give me a bag?
Girl: No *starts serving customer behind me*
Me: Attempts to carry items and drops several

FFS. Why didn't she just ask me if I wanted a bag for my many items when she rang them up in the first place?

I have had exactly the same in Halfords! Except that it was obviously far too much to carry, and I was paying with Credit Card.

Soldato
Ask for a refund and leave the lot on the counter.
Done the same thing in Morrisons when they ID's me for a bottle of whisky, spent well over £100 on the weekly shop. Told them i had no ID on me, they said i couldnt have the bottle. So i said i wont have any of it then and walked off.

These shops really need to learn how to treat people like individuals and stop acting like robots.

Soldato
Done the same thing in Morrisons when they ID's me for a bottle of whisky, spent well over £100 on the weekly shop. Told them i had no ID on me, they said i couldnt have the bottle. So i said i wont have any of it then and walked off.

These shops really need to learn how to treat people like individuals and stop acting like robots.

Seeing as I have no idea how old you are, if you clearly look over 18/21/25/whatever theyve made up now, then im right behind you on that one.

Soldato

That is completely different.....

Soldato
Im not denying its different. If you read my post, my point is "treat people like individuals and stop acting like robots."

Boycey0211: 28 btw

Soldato

Sorry it's the law and I don't fancy being responsible for a large fine because I wasn't doing my job.

Soldato
Its not the law at all, the law is dont sell to under 18s, they ID my dad as well, 68, you telling me your not sure if he is 18+?

Back
Top Bottom