The "All-Things-Guitar" Thread

Soldato
Yes that would be a free Danelectro tuner :p Dont really like it, I have a cheap old zoom effects pedal with a built in better tuner thats up and running now, will get something better in time, just need a phase pedal now :D

Associate
Hi all,

I just bought an acoustic guitar off the bay but I really don't like the scratch plate on it. I was wondering what the best way to remove it is. I've read online that you should just heat it with a hair dryer, but has anyone here had any hands on experience that could give me some advice? its stuck on with adhesive

thanks

Associate
Hi guys, I was going to post a new thread about this but thought it might be better suited in here.

I have a Line6 Variax 300 Electric guitar that I haven't used for years, does anyone know how much it would be worth as I'm looking to sell? It has a 2 small dings on the top edge that would obviously drop the price a little but they aren't noticeable when it's being played. I think I paid around £250-300 for it new.

Man of Honour
[ Ry ];22146861 said:
Hi guys, I was going to post a new thread about this but thought it might be better suited in here.

I have a Line6 Variax 300 Electric guitar that I haven't used for years, does anyone know how much it would be worth as I'm looking to sell? It has a 2 small dings on the top edge that would obviously drop the price a little but they aren't noticeable when it's being played. I think I paid around £250-300 for it new.

I sold mine for £200 but now I have 2 of it's big brothers the James Tyler JTV-59s

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Any recommendations on an acoustic with a slim neck? I was originally looking at an Epiphone EL-00 as I quite like the idea of a smaller body, but apparently although the nut is thin the neck is a normal size.

Associate
Hey there guys, I'm looking for a new guitar and i need some advice. So, after Christmas, I'm left with around a grand to spend on a new guitar, I already own a Tokai LP copy, and a '62 strat reissue. I have been looking at Les Paul Juniors (Specifically single cutaway with 2 Alnico P90s) as I love the P-90 pickup and the other guitarist in my band uses a Thinline Telecaster with P-90s also. I don't really want another guitar with humbuckers, but I'm open to suggestions for anything else... The band, mostly play punk with some elements of hardcore styles thrown in, nothing too overly distorted or screamy singing wise anyways. So, for this budget, and for these circumstances, what would you go for, and what is your view on Gibson LPJ's? Oh, I play on a Marshall JCM800 Head with a 1960 A Cab.

Many thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom