Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-I
CPU: Intel 3570K
Cooler: Noctua NH-L12
DRAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengence LP
SSD: Samsung 830 256GB
Blu-ray: Sony Optiarc BD-5850H

img1411dp.jpg

img1410d.jpg

Just using the HD4000 IGP for graphics at the moment. Hopefully will upgrade to something like an NVIDIA 660 at some point.

The lower height of the Sugo allows it to sit under the TV along with other AV equipment.

I replaced the standard Silverstone case fan with the Noctua NF-F12 PWM supplied with the NH-L12 cooler.

Associate
OP
I've changed the turbo speed to 4GHz rather than the Asus default of 3.8GHz on all cores (official Intel is a sliding scale I think) and bumped the IGP to 1.25Ghz. The fans are set to idle at 800rpm (CPU) and 700rpm (case). Volts etc are at default.

These are the 24/7 settings for an "in the living room" PC. At best I could get what is actually only another 10% out of it - I'm not sure it's worth it. At idle the Asus reads M/B at ambient +6 degrees and CPU as M/B +7. In reality PCs spend a lot of their time at low load!

No probs fitting a Gfx as far as I can tell, the Asus/Noctua combo was a deliberate choice. I'm just waiting until the Nvidia 660 or whatever are released.

Soldato
Wow, cramped in there.

Looks very roomy. As above my Wesena only just fits everything in. OP what kind of temps are you seeing at load (Prime run) and does the cooler fit in a different orientation? Just wondering if temps may be better if it was possible to mount the cooler at 90 degrees so the front fan was blowing between the fins rather than into one fin at the end?

Associate
OP
Would like to know the same.

Am looking at a SFF appliance build some time in the future but would need to accommodate a half/full height PCI-E dual port gigabit card.
No probs with using PCie slot with this Asus/Noctua combo (but not with the Asrock/Noctua I believe). However maybe the slot is best left for a graphics card - perhaps you could try to track down a USB3 to gigabit adapter?

Looks very roomy. As above my Wesena only just fits everything in. OP what kind of temps are you seeing at load (Prime run) and does the cooler fit in a different orientation? Just wondering if temps may be better if it was possible to mount the cooler at 90 degrees so the front fan was blowing between the fins rather than into one fin at the end?
The Noctua can go above the VRM (facing us in the photo) rather than over the DRAM but I assumed it would then not fit inside the case. But I see the point that the front cooler would then blow through the fins. With a Prime Blend at 4Ghz I'm seeing Core Temp reach 85degs but I've done nothing to tweak settings or cooler to try to improve that.

Associate
Very clean build, will echo what others have said in that it looks roomy for an ITX build... a meaty GPU will sort that out :)

I like the cooler, what temps are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom