The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Pie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov Have been told that Sky have privately given comfort to SPL clubs that they don't do walking away either. #NotoNewco

Pie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov May be some re negotiation on TV deal but Sky don't want to go to war with Scotland. Will still show SPL with or without Rangers#NotoNewco

Soldato
Pie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov Have been told that Sky have privately given comfort to SPL clubs that they don't do walking away either. #NotoNewco

Pie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov May be some re negotiation on TV deal but Sky don't want to go to war with Scotland. Will still show SPL with or without Rangers#NotoNewco

And what price is the Negotiation. Could be we'll give you a million a year ok.

Soldato

I doubt it will be much off it tbh. The SPL already gets less that the Rugby down South, even though we have more supporters.

Sky aren't stupid, they know they will get a lot of cancellations if they don't agree to the new contract

Soldato
I dont think the blue knights are the answer either, but surely to go there is enough Rangers fans that 5.5m is just not that much to band together to make a go of a newco.

The more im thinking about this, the more it seems it would not surprise me if someone came in now, knowing that Green has spent his money on the wasted CVA that was always gonna have to be given a shot, and can now pick the bones of the carcass.

Green will walk away by the end of next week, im sure of it.

Associate
Won't green still make his money from a newco? Spose it might take a few years to get back to top flight and Europe etc but he could sell a debt free club at a tidy profit.
How competitive will they be anyway? Assuming they won't be able to afford the high wages of years gone by, won't the good players wander off to the highest bidder, especially as all contracts will be null and void. Might bring them down to everybody else's level.

Soldato
Won't green still make his money from a newco? Spose it might take a few years to get back to top flight and Europe etc but he could sell a debt free club at a tidy profit.
How competitive will they be anyway? Assuming they won't be able to afford the high wages of years gone by, won't the good players wander off to the highest bidder, especially as all contracts will be null and void. Might bring them down to everybody else's level.

Of course he will debt free club for 5.5 million. He can sell on or have a share issue.

Soldato
I dont think the blue knights are the answer either, but surely to go there is enough Rangers fans that 5.5m is just not that much to band together to make a go of a newco.

The more im thinking about this, the more it seems it would not surprise me if someone came in now, knowing that Green has spent his money on the wasted CVA that was always gonna have to be given a shot, and can now pick the bones of the carcass.

Green will walk away by the end of next week, im sure of it.

The last share issue they raised £1m quid and murray had to underwrite the rest of it, so i wouldn't bank on fans banding together to get £5.5m.

Green will be gone, rumours are a few of his consortium were only there if they got a CVA, since that's gone, who knows.

The blue knights have got no cash, i think people of this forum could have a whip round and get more money together than the blue knights going on what their proposal was.

Soldato
Of course he will debt free club for 5.5 million. He can sell on or have a share issue.

Debt Free??
The 5.5m will need to come from somewhere, assuming that is the selling price
HMRC want money up front for businesses who are a liability, this will be
Lack of players as many will be off their mark, so a warchest will be required
Day to day running just through the summer, including the jaunt to Germany will be a few million.
I dare say a huge drop off in season ticket sales will be coming, so that is more money.
The renovations needing done to Ibrox.
No European money for three years guaranteed

And that's without really thinking about it, or even where Rangers will be playing next season as that will have a huge impact on how much incoming money there will be.

And i said said in my other post, Rangers share issues are historically terrible.

Soldato
Thats a refreshing statement.

They are making it very clear they want Murray and Whyte`s head on platter.

I`d be very surpised if they can though, Murray and Whyte are too slippery and for all intents and purposes are protected by having Ltd liabilities.

Directors don't have limited liability in cases of fraud. Murray and Whyte can still face criminal prosecution and seizure of personal assets.

Soldato
What will happen with the Ramsden cup? The draw was made today and my home team was drawn at home to Dundee. Now if Rangers are chucked out of the SPL they would be replaced by Dundee freeing up a space in the cup. Rangers would fall into the South Division with Brechin in the North Division. Would that tie still go ahead?

Or with Cove making an application for the league we'd play the wee wee Rangers if their namesake gets kicked out completely :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom