Yamakasi Catleap 27" 100mhz IPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looks like the first rebrands have hit the UK market under Digimate. Apparently they are just Crossovers. More expensive, but have all the connectors and warranty issues won't be as much of a problem.

I'm tempted, but then there are also murmurs of some other bigger name brands looking to get in on the UK market in a few months with these cheaper 27" panels.

any news on whether the Digimate ones overclock?

Associate
US company is stocking a version of these for $399 with HDMI VGA etc inputs and 1 year warrenty.

Odds of a UK company doing the same?
Look at post 1820 ;) I have emailed seller about dead pixel policy and bleed. You can also get 3 year warranty for extra £49. Apparenty they have matte screen

Last edited:
Associate
Yes. I meant there is no silver piece protecting the PCB from screws. So long as you use the ones that came with the monitor, and if you're extra cautious, a couple of washers, you should be fine.

Look at post 1820 ;) I have emailed seller about dead pixel policy and bleed. You can also get 3 year warranty for extra £49. Apparenty they have matte screen

Ok I get a reply from seller. These are A+ pannels, they have 5 dead pixel policy but for £7.99 they will do a check. Forgot to ask If they are glossy or matte so waiting for them to reply.

Now question is are these worth over pixel perfect from AW?

Soldato
Ok I get a reply from seller. These are A+ pannels, they have 5 dead pixel policy but for £7.99 they will do a check. Forgot to ask If they are glossy or matte so waiting for them to reply.

Now question is are these worth over pixel perfect from AW?

Doubt it. AW will pay return shipping if you're not happy, and they actually give you a phone call if you have problems (they speak good English).

Associate
Good luck oggiet! Let us know how it goes. :) Pics! Pics! Pics! :D
Cheers mate :D Sent a nice little message as well, offering £15 bribe for whoever there can test me as perfect monitor as possible :cool:

Now just have to decide on what SLI setup to go for, not sure if need 2GB or 4GB cards ........ its doing my head in to be honest :o

Associate
oggiet,.. Think if you NEED 4Gb of card memory, I very much doubt it unless you're doing lots of rendering work or ultra settings on the latest high-demand games. Personally I'd go for overkill if money was no object, but sense or limited funds would have course dictate to tell you to use what you felt was necessary as opposed to what you lusted after.

I'm just hoping I can play BF:BC2 without stressing my HD5850 too much. I may upgrade if money permits in the future, but, if for whatever reason my card struggles with basic tasks I may be forced in to selling it to help pay for an upgrade much sooner than I would have liked. C'est la vie.
By the way oggiet, what monitor have you ordered? Crossover? Yamakasi? Shimian? PCBank?

Associate
oggiet,.. Think if you NEED 4Gb of card memory, I very much doubt it unless you're doing lots of rendering work or ultra settings on the latest high-demand games. Personally I'd go for overkill if money was no object, but sense or limited funds would have course dictate to tell you to use what you felt was necessary as opposed to what you lusted after.

I'm just hoping I can play BF:BC2 without stressing my HD5850 too much. I may upgrade if money permits in the future, but, if for whatever reason my card struggles with basic tasks I may be forced in to selling it to help pay for an upgrade much sooner than I would have liked. C'est la vie.
By the way oggiet, what monitor have you ordered? Crossover? Yamakasi? Shimian? PCBank?
Well I play Skyrim and I like to use lots of mods, would be nice to play it at ultra and no problems. Also from what I have read BF3 can use over 2GB so guess 2GB would be minimum.

Want to get sli and watercool so can last me few years just like my last 4870x2 did :D Have my eye on 670 4GB cards but only one that is out atm is EVGA which is short card. Money is not really a problem for me but dont want to waste it either. If only OCUK had EVGA 670 FTW cards I would order two and test VRAM but they dont have them.

Went for CROSSOVER 27Q :)

Soldato

Guessing Crossover. Don't think AW does the Shimian, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom