The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sounds like Green is scrabbling around for as much pennies as he can get to raise the full £5.5million - some of it has already been paid, but not all of it.

Edit: And you couldn't make it up, Rangers oldco will have a vote in whether to allow Rangers newco into the SPL!!!!

That hasn't been confirmed. IIRC as soon as the cva fails, the SPL no longer have a member called `Rangers'

Soldato
Sounds like Green is scrabbling around for as much pennies as he can get to raise the full £5.5million - some of it has already been paid, but not all of it.

Edit: And you couldn't make it up, Rangers oldco will have a vote in whether to allow Rangers newco into the SPL!!!!

The Herald article I linked to earlier today seemed to indicate he was having funding issues as well. Whether that's due to season ticket money or people backing out remains to be seen.

If they want to transfer their share and their 'history' then the punishments will come too.

They need to take history and punishments together, or nothing. They can't claim to have 140 years of unsurpassed dignity, and then when they are told 'you have a 1 year transfer ban' say 'ooo wait hang on, we're no the same'

It's been done before with various clubs in football and newco Rangers will retain the history, titles and other assets while getting rid of the debt. All that's "dead" at the moment is the old Rangers PLC not Rangers the football club.

Soldato
It's been done before with various clubs in football and newco Rangers will retain the history, titles and other assets while getting rid of the debt. All that's "dead" at the moment is the old Rangers PLC not Rangers the football club.

It hasn't happened with a club being liquidated before. And if Rangers the football club is surviving along with their history, then their punishment will survive too.

Don
I'm sure i read as soon as the liquidators are appointed, then they are no longer members of the SPL.

Doncaster needs to come out and confirm or deny if it is 11 teams voting or 12
No date has been given yet as to when liquidators will be apointed. I think you're right though, the SPL need to make a statement on what the process is actually going to be.

Soldato
So the boot is finally on the other foot, Rangers now need the help of the other 11 clubs in the SPL to survive, this is the same clubs that the Rangers fans have threatened to boycott, among them Dundee United, St Mirren, St Johnstone who's chairmen have all been vocal.

You ever think these little shows of throwing fan weight around is going to come back and bite them on the bum? :)

LOLOL NO!

For the simple reason please tell me what the directors of these clubs can do to Rangers and their supporters?

I'm dying to hear the answer to this?

Soldato
I'd vote for proper sanctions against my team and Div 3.

No europe for 3 years and lets build a team of young players to tear the SPL apart in 2015.

I have money to invest and as soon as the club are on a level footing I will be investing..

Soldato
Trouble is UEFA, FIFA and football authorities want to self police but are very very poor at doing so in any effective manner, racism, hooliganism, poor referees, corruption and financial wrongdoings. It's all happening and FIFA and UEFA wash their hands of it every time but you take it to the courts to get resolved then they step in with punishments for clubs daring to ask the courts to sort out the mess created by footballing bodies.

Soldato
1ped1h.jpg

Soldato
Don't know but then I wouldn't trust anything that the Daily Record prints about Celtic or it's employees. This is the rag that had a hearse photographed in front of Celtic Park when we had some financial problems (although that is completely dwarfed by Ranger's plight) and we have yet to see a cracked Rangers crest appear on their pages while they are only to happy to show a cracked Celtic crest at every opportunity.

Prove what you have quoted or stop soiling the name of Scotland's greatest ever manager.

mbls8j.jpg

I know its not the record, but papers are giving good pics :p

Associate
Some disappointing rhetoric coming from Green now - blaming the HMRC for misleading people! Blame Whyte for not allowing HMRC to appoint their own administrator and complicating things needlessly with D&P's strange approach to doing things.

And now trotting out the 'SPL needs us' rubbish. Just the sort of thing to wind people up. Things would go much more smoothly if Green did not take the holier than thou approach.

Associate
I'd have thought now is not the time for Green to be belligerent. If he tries to bully his way through I think it'll backfire badly.
I think even Rangers fans are seeing the wisdom of starting in Div 3. Especially as they may well be out of Yurp for 3 years anyway.
"You need us" will most likely be met with "Naw we dinnae"

Soldato
Green is an idiot. He claims the HMRC misled people? Its on their website that they will only agree to a CVA if tax is paid up to date, it was a waste of everyones time.

You have to ask what have Duff and Phelps done for their 5.5m fees so far (probably end up around 8m) - they came in and did what, make a CVA that was never going to work, agreed with some players to reduce their contracts so that they could make more money for their own company and take a few people to court, that is basically it.

As I said before, liquidators should have came in on day one, not administrators, that they havent has been another 5m or so peed up the wall.

Soldato
I'd have thought now is not the time for Green to be belligerent. If he tries to bully his way through I think it'll backfire badly.
I think even Rangers fans are seeing the wisdom of starting in Div 3. Especially as they may well be out of Yurp for 3 years anyway.
"You need us" will most likely be met with "Naw we dinnae"

No we want to start back in division 3 as we see no point being crippled with sanctions in the SPL. There so the TV deal goes through smoothly and the money comes in but not be able to compete.

Better off in Div 3 and work our way back up. See whats left when we get there. Not a lot IMO.

Soldato
Green is an idiot. He claims the HMRC misled people? Its on their website that they will only agree to a CVA if tax is paid up to date, it was a waste of everyones time.

You have to ask what have Duff and Phelps done for their 5.5m fees so far (probably end up around 8m) - they came in and did what, make a CVA that was never going to work, agreed with some players to reduce their contracts so that they could make more money for their own company and take a few people to court, that is basically it.

As I said before, liquidators should have came in on day one, not administrators, that they havent has been another 5m or so peed up the wall.

It should have been in the media from day one that HMRC wouldn't have voted for any CVA as they wanted to investigate the ex-directors and the running of the club. For all the publicity given to the various groups at the end of the day none of them would have been accepted giving false hope to the fans.

The CVA process has wasted everyone's time and should have concentrated on the newco process at the end of the season where now we have officials panicking at the prospect of no Rangers in the top division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom