'Party' Campsite

Soldato
been a few years.... but sunnyside campsite in newquay:

has a shuttle bus to take you into town and has a nightclub on site (on site nightclub was dire though)

edit - looks like sunnyside is closed these days... (has been about 7/8 years since I went)

an alternative one is 'Smugglers Haven'

http://www.smugglershaven.co.uk/

It's been closed for years, the on site nightclub was a dive

Associate
OP
Will discuss with the guys if we could rag the cars to cornwall, thanks

@ paradisiac - Was asking on here mate as ive looked on those sort sites and wanted other opinions

Soldato
Will discuss with the guys if we could rag the cars to cornwall, thanks

@ paradisiac - Was asking on here mate as ive looked on those sort sites and wanted other opinions

sorry, I wasn't meaning it seriously :p Cornwall is awesome for holidays, sux as somewhere to live though. lots to do around Newquay area though so if you can get down its well worth it.

another thing to possibly look at (money depending) is the summer festivals around the country, as this will also provide live music and access to large amounts of strangers to make it feel more like a party.

Soldato
What are the implications of camping illegally?

Very few I would imagine.

Just look at all those people who were camped out in Parliament Square, St. Pauls and still at Finsbury Square... pretty difficult to get them to move on!

Not to mention you also have Gypsies who it takes a number of days to get a council order to move them on.

I think if you are discreet and don't cause any trouble or damage you can probably camp anywhere. A lot of non public countryside land is going to be owned by Farms and such, so you just have to make sure you haven't got a Farmer coming after you with a shotgun! A lot of National Trust land has Park Rangers, but you probably wouldn't be seen by such staff unless you were camped somewhere obvious.

To demonstrate just how ridiculous it is, when I was 18 I went to somewhere in the countryside to go to the the pub with some friends which was miles out of the way. It was all to do with a girl my friend liked! Nobody wanted to drive and not drink, so somebody said they knew a place nearby we could camp. So we came down with our four tents only to find out it was actually a council owned kid's Playground that were camping in! We didn't cause any trouble and we were gone before anyone would have made a complaint.

Caporegime
Your best bet is asking some landowners and suggesting that you will pay a deposit for the clean up of the land if you don't do it yourselves.

Please don't ruin anyone else's camping experience by being a hooligan. There are stricts rules and etiquette - silence form sundown or 10pm, which ever comes first.

Associate
OP
Please don't ruin anyone else's camping experience by being a hooligan. There are stricts rules and etiquette - silence form sundown or 10pm, which ever comes first.

"Need a bit of help though as we aren't hooligans" :confused:

That's the whole point of my post

Just been working out the cost PP for Newquay and its about £105 including purchase of a tent for 5 nights.

Any other suggestions welcome :)

Soldato

Yeah some people will be trying to enjoy Sky Sports on their satellite box!

(Note: this joke is only relevant if you caught the last camping advice thread!)

Caporegime
camping illegally will end up something like this:

01_inbetweeners_series_3_finale.jpg

just go to an 18-30s site in newquay, will be much more fun

Soldato
Me and a few mates always used to go a campsite in Capel Curig in Wales. Pretty close to Snowdon. It was just a field with a very basic shower block... right by a river and the farmer never minded us having a fire as long as it was in control. Couple of good pubs in walking distance too. Only about 80 miles from Stoke :)

Stopped going though when I woke up to the said farmer doing live cow birth in front of our tent. Ruined our breakfast and gave me a bad hangover

Back
Top Bottom