Skoda

Soldato
So its drives nice at lower revs and its only 210bhp isnt it stock?

The OEM system offers a bit more consistency to the pipe cross sectional area aswell which helps maintain gas speed.

Basically they know what they are doing :p

I think the Mk1 Octavia VRS was only 180 BHP stock, same as a Leon Cupra. The Leon Cupra R was 210BHP IIRC

Soldato
OP
Yeah i've read that its the downpipe that causes the problem.

I was worried about the CEL coming on with a decat and i didn't want to get it mapped to suit the de-cat, 200cel Hi-Flow Cat will be a nice balance i think.

Thats a Toyosports one right? I've got their CAI, not bad for the price!

Soldato
OP
Not really sure to be honest. Depends on the map i suppose (Stage 1 or 2), i've essentially got most of the parts i require to go to Stage 2, however i don't want to be worrying about killing the clutch etc!

I would estimate 220ish based on what other peoples cars have achieved.

Soldato
Not really sure to be honest. Depends on the map i suppose (Stage 1 or 2), i've essentially got most of the parts i require to go to Stage 2, however i don't want to be worrying about killing the clutch etc!

I would estimate 220ish based on what other peoples cars have achieved.

I'm quite easy on the clutch and never needed a clutch replacement on either of my previous two cars but I think my one lasted less than 20k after my remap and was replaced at 86k. That was just with a standard Revo stage 1 map. That said I have no idea how hard the previous owner was on the clutch for the first 38k of its life.

I think it is probably inevitable once you get a remap done, it is just a case of whether you go uprated or not once it does start slipping.

Associate
although they do say that revo maps are quite aggressive, which is why I would probably go custom and specify you want a progressive power curve, not explosive, but thats just IMO and my preference

Soldato
although they do say that revo maps are quite aggressive, which is why I would probably go custom and specify you want a progressive power curve, not explosive, but thats just IMO and my preference

I wouldn't really say it is an aggressive map but they do tend to focus on low end torque over top end power. For me this was a real plus point as I'm a lazy driver and just want to plant the throttle and go.

I probably wouldn't remap a car in the future but if I did I think Revo would be my first port of call.

Back
Top Bottom