****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

uv

uv

Soldato
Big fat thumbs up for Paranoid Android here

Looks awesome, but it uses CM9 as a base, so I wouldn't expect it to be any more stable than the CM9 nightlies I've been using!

Does it have the bug whereby music volume stays reduced (over headphones) after a notification sound is played, for example?

Soldato
yeah its 24 months. Unlimited no, but she does go through an average of between 1200 and 2000 mins per month and there aren't that many deals around that offer that number of minutes.

Any deals you would recommend? I will mention now that she has heard 'horror stories' about three mobile from a couple of her friends so refuses to even look at their tarrifs. Any other provider is probably ok though.

ok. Had a quick look on mobiles.co.uk. Nothing there that can beat that deal tbh with that allowance.

can't really see that price dropping much further tbh.

Soldato
Looks awesome, but it uses CM9 as a base, so I wouldn't expect it to be any more stable than the CM9 nightlies I've been using!

Does it have the bug whereby music volume stays reduced (over headphones) after a notification sound is played, for example?

I don't get that but I don't use DSP Manager so I deleted it.

Soldato
Howdy all :)

So which ROM is flavour of the month at the mo? I've been using CM9 nightlies for quite a while, but I'm getting tired of the little niggles it still has, and fancy using a more stable ROM for a while until CM9 has been ironed straight.

stock ics with domination theme and custom kernel.. :) very little wrong with when custom ROMs had little bugs everytime..

Soldato
Not good, i went to download the domination theme and the main link and the mirror links both have trojens waiting for you. Is there a safe place to download the latest version?

Last edited:
Associate
Been waiting and waiting (patiently and silently btw) on the ICS version of Checkrom, but not much is happening.

Would quite like an ICS rom though. The ones I've heard good things about are Wanamlite and Resurrection. Ideally want something non-wipe (obviously after the first flash). Bit out of touch really. All of a sudden there seems like there's thousands of different roms out there.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Associate
Been waiting and waiting (patiently and silently btw) on the ICS version of Checkrom, but not much is happening.

Would quite like an ICS rom though. The ones I've heard good things about are Wanamlite and Resurrection. Ideally want something non-wipe (obviously after the first flash). Bit out of touch really. All of a sudden there seems like there's thousands of different roms out there.

Can anyone recommend anything?

NEAT rom may be right up your street, it is stock samsung like checkrom, has a kitchen like checkrom and is very stable like checkrom.

I'm a checkrom refugee too and like you I have just given up on them developing an ICS based rom

Associate
NEAT rom may be right up your street, it is stock samsung like checkrom, has a kitchen like checkrom and is very stable like checkrom.

I'm a checkrom refugee too and like you I have just given up on them developing an ICS based rom

I did see that actually. Not sure all the Samsung apps and other bloat are removed though (correct me if I'm wrong).

Associate
I did see that actually. Not sure all the Samsung apps and other bloat are removed though (correct me if I'm wrong).

If I get time I am going to install it over the weekend, but even if the samsung material is left in it is easily frozen with titanium backup.

NEAT lite release is also imminent

Soldato
I’m sure somebody has mentioned this in here before, but couldn’t find it.

I bought a new charger yesterday and since plugging it in, I now get a very annoying error message every 30 sec or so saying “Charging Paused, Voltage to High” never had this before and never had it when I was using my original charger?

Any fix for this please?

Thanks for reading...

I don't know if anyone has answered this for you but I came in searing for the same issue. You have probably found out by now but the solution seems to be a broken USB port often caused by the charger being wrenched out or the phone dropped. The solution is either to clean out the port carefully or to send away for a repair or to fix it yourself with a new part from Ebay, there is also a company on Ebay who are charging £29 for this fix.

Hope that helps

MB

Back
Top Bottom