*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Anyone have an idea how much more weight, in the hands, would be added to a car deadlift when using a car that is 200kg heavier than what you are used to?!

I think the seat ibiza works out at about 220-240 in the hands, that is just over 1000kg (depending on fuel in tank of course). We might be getting a clio to lift which looks to be just over 200kg heavier and want to consider how much more this might add to the lift!

Man of Honour
I presume you mean pinch then 'back'? :) I do pinch them far as I can tell, but i'll make a mental note of it for tomorrow. The front of my shoulder just seems to come in to play so much
Yeah sorry, pinch your shoulder blades together. You need to focus on it all the time, because at some point during the pressing portion your shoulders will tend to come up.

Soldato
No no. Just how the CGBP is one really. I'm presuming just in the same way a standard bench press is? :p

I know morba has pretty much covered it, but the easiest way to think about it is to compare it to tricep rope pushdowns which are a tricep isolation.

CGBP brings the chest and shoulders in to the movement, Tricep rope extensions dont.

Both have the aim of working the tricep, however one is compound the other isolation.

Compounds > Isolations earlier in a routine in my opinion. Nothing wrong with Iso's just use them in the correct place in your work out.

Soldato
Guys I'm thinking about changing my routine now that I have more time available.

I can now go at least 3 times a week.

It appears that the main thing holding me back from progressing is a weak core and lack of mobility so I was thinking about a routine that concentrates on this for the near future. Is this wise?

Basically I need a 3 day routine with stretches (glutes and hams) and core exercises. I quite like reverse crunches and planks so will concentrate on those for core - should they be left until the end or should they form part of the routine?

Soldato
My current routine is:

A:
Squat
Bench
BOR
Facepull
Core or isolation work

B:
Deadlift
Dips
Chins/pullups
OHP
Core or isolation work

I'm finding that my core is fried by the end so it's tough doing planks etc at the end of the workout - perhaps this is the idea though?

Soldato
Ah I see. Deffo want a vid then lol. Smith is horrible with lots of weight I find!

I actually find it okay :p

The only issue for me is that it isn't exactly pleasant on the shoulders (but then, a towel does help make it not dig in as much).

It doesn't help I usually am in the gym in just a t-shirt, most guys squat in a hoodie and so on, but I don't really like sweating to death in this heat while squating!

Also, another reason for my squats - I used to find my right knee hurt at the start with free weights, and it didn't with SM. It doesn't hurt now though... was really weird, probably was geting used to it or something? I will keep squating 140 or so on SM and build my free up for the summer... and then go super heavy again in a few months. I'm not really trying for strength right now...

Speaking of which, I've been trying to cut for a week or so now... (so just starting). I've basically written this year off to look super trim, as I'm focusing on keeping my muscle for next year, but just using it to trim off anything 'extra'. Stomach is fairly flat, but with my bulking I did lose my 6 pack.

Planning to do morning cardio every other day combined with 15 minutes after a gym session too.

I've cut carbs back slightly... and also I am now living on pretty much a paleo diet... :p:o

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I don't know why you don't ditch the smith machine, it's not a proper squat using it. I bet your form is also wrong using the smith machine which will also mess up your normal squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom