£1000 Budget PC

Associate
Hello there, I was wondering if someone could spec me the best performance/value computer for gaming for £1k. I should let you know I play Shootmania/Starcraft 2 and use Photoshop. I also watch movies and tv shows every now and then. Aside from that, I also want to be able to stream on TwitchTV very well (720p/1080p if possible). So i'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me find the best system! I don't need an OS/peripherals.

Can a mod move this thread to the General forums please?

Thanks,
Ryan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is i7 overkill? By stream, I mean broadcast myself, not stream video. I mean encode and output.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is i7 overkill? By stream, I mean broadcast myself, not stream video. I mean encode and output.

Ah I see, well for gaming an i5 is plenty (especially overclocked). Your programs may benefit from the hyperthreading the i7 has, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know enough about streaming like that to say for sure.

Associate
OP
Ah I see, well for gaming an i5 is plenty (especially overclocked). Your programs may benefit from the hyperthreading the i7 has, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know enough about streaming like that to say for sure.
Ahh ok, fair enough, so in a game like cs:go on max settings, an i5/i7 won't make a difference in fps? Also, as far as rendering video and encoding goes I always though i7 knocks i5 out of water?
Also: Can a mod move this post to the general forums??

Soldato
Ahh ok, fair enough, so in a game like cs:go on max settings, an i5/i7 won't make a difference in fps? Also, as far as rendering video and encoding goes I always though i7 knocks i5 out of water?
Also: Can a mod move this post to the general forums??

For the majority of gaming the difference in FPS will be small, for encoding of course the i7 should be faster. See here:

i5 2500K vs i7 2600K that will give you an idea at least.

It also depends on budget, you'd have to cut something else back to fit the i7 in.

Back
Top Bottom