What do you reckon to the RX-8?

Soldato
Terrible fuel economy, prohibitively expensive rebuilds for the engine if you buy an abused one, and not a lot of power considering the engine capcity.

That said, as a drivers car, they are fantastic if you go in eyes open :)

Permabanned
A friend has one, nice to drive and quick, but the mpg and oil costs are quite high.

He said he loves his but he wouldn't recommend one.

If you get a compression test from Mazda (£70) and budget for ancillaries such as coil packs, you should be fine.

Soldato
Most engines fit in there with the appropriate work, but due to how small and light the Renesis engine is, anything else would throw off the superb handling.

Soldato
It seems in the US quite a few people have got LS V8's in there after the original engine expired in the all too common puff of smoke.

I really like them but wouldn't own one as i feel the costs are disproportionate to the performance. I'm sure it'd cost more to run than my Impreza which has a lot more power.

Soldato
If they're very cheap i can see a point as you do get a nice modern car for very little as long as your handy enough with the spanners to fix it all yourself. Isn't a full engine rebuild kit only something like 800quid?

Commissario
My sister's boyfriend has one, thirsty on fuel and not frugal with oil either. Not massively fast but more of a drivers car - has a lot of feedback through the wheel and fun to slide in the wet :D

Back
Top Bottom