Most unattractive qualities in the opposite sex?

Man of Honour
To answer the OP:

The same things that I think are unattractive in people in general. Inappropriate aggression, manipulative behaviour, unreliability, smelliness(*), callousness towards others(*), boring me (obviously subjective - what is boring to me might be fascinating to someone else and vice versa)...anything that makes me think "I don't want to know this person. I don't want this person around me".

If the OP was talking about sexual attraction, then for women I'd add body hair. It's not a big deal unless she looks like she's come out of makeup/effects for a werewolf film, but it puts me off a bit. For men, it doesn't. Which brings me on to another point - not everybody is heterosexual. For both men and women, the big one is impossible to pin down - it's simply not being attractive to me. Since it's generally impossible to say exactly why a person is sexually attractive to you, it's also generally impossible to say exactly why they wouldn't be.

Some of the things people are saying seem rather strange to me. The "eats foreign food" one takes the prize for that, but a fair few others seem strangely picky to me.

* Smoking isn't explicitly on my list because these two cover it.

Soldato
Indeed :( I do hope the next girl im with is like my ex down south, I bet i end up not satisfied as i will always be thinking of hers :(

Haha yea....always mentally comparing with the nice ex. Hope no one on here has to experience a smelly. Nothin against that ex of mine, she was nice and all but...well I hope shes fixed things for her sakes.

Soldato
I'll go for the lack of intelligence as my no.1. I know a girl currently via work who is attractive, but she talks absolute rubbish. And yes she repeats herself. She would be stood there talking to someone and then 2 mins later in the conversation say the exact same things in a different order!
Oh and girls that say "like" where spaces should go... "so like I was really like annoyed like at him like for like talking to me that way like..." GAH drives me bonkers! Maybe uni spoiled me but I need an intelligent conversation in my women.

Man of Honour
Obviously over the decades I've had this topic of conversation with workmates for years and top answer was always smoking.
However, one bloke after a break up couldbn't get a woman for well over a year so decided to drop his standards.
He decided that all the things that put him off didn't matter anymore and he was pulling every night.
Sometimes he would bring pictures in to laugh at what he'd pulled and other times they were that bad he wouldn't show us.
Funnily enough he ended up marrying a really fat, smoking, bloke like ugly woman but he's really happy and still with her many years later.

Soldato
Number of lads they have slept with is also a big put off for me, if its in double figures...
I used to care about that - but as I've got into my mid/late 20's I decided I didn't really care.

Most men would have slept with allot of women if they had the chance, so judging women negatively for it's a bit of a double standard - assuming you are not the virginal type who only sleeps with "true loves".

I'm happy not to know how many people they have slept with, really don't care.

Soldato
I used find things like smoking, bleach blonde hair, fake boobs, tons of make up, etc. a bit of a turn off, but there are certain girls I meet with many or all of these things who I still find attractive. Tastes change, or maybe I have lowered my standards? :o Or maybe there are certain women who just do it for me despite them being not my type.

Back
Top Bottom