Your One Favourite Game of this generation (so far)

Caporegime
sorry lol whats better, 3 or new vegas?

I think that's a very personal question and the answer will differ depending on that persons opinion rather than which game is technically the better.

Personally I prefer Fallout 3, it's my perfect game. It has realism but not too much so as to make the game boring, it has a good story, tonnes of side quests and crucially the ability to play after the main quest has finished. I understand why this isn't possible in New Vegas but it still bugs me. I can't really put my finger on the exact reason, but I get a nice feeling when I complete the main quest in a game, I liked to know that the story is finished and I can then move on to the side quests, rather than being forced to leave the main story hanging open if I want to explore the world further, like in New Vegas.

I prefer the Capital Wasteland to the Mojave too, it has the perfect atmosphere for me personally, that isn't to say New Vegas is a bad game because it's sublime, but for me Fallout 3 & DLC remains above it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dead rising.

I love it, the endless amount of fun chopping zombies up with various silly weapons. Control method is not to everyones tastes but god I love it. It was the first game I bought again when I got my 360.

I had exactly the same thought when I read the thread title, didn't expect it to be the first answer. :D
Dead Rising, it still looks good and has great replay value.
A bit of a learning curve at first I guess, once you get over this though it opens up to a great game.

My only problem with Dead Rising was the hideous screen tear when played on my monitor... :(

Soldato
OP
I think that's a very personal question and the answer will differ depending on that persons opinion rather than which game is technically the better.

Personally I prefer Fallout 3, it's my perfect game. It has realism but not too much so as to make the game boring, it has a good story, tonnes of side quests and crucially the ability to play after the main quest has finished. I understand why this isn't possible in New Vegas but it still bugs me. I can't really put my finger on the exact reason, but I get a nice feeling when I complete the main quest in a game, I liked to know that the story is finished and I can then move on to the side quests, rather than being forced to leave the main story hanging open if I want to explore the world further, like in New Vegas.

I prefer the Capital Wasteland to the Mojave too, it has the perfect atmosphere for me personally, that isn't to say New Vegas is a bad game because it's sublime, but for me Fallout 3 & DLC remains above it.

Caporegime
I had exactly the same thought when I read the thread title, didn't expect it to be the first answer. :D
Dead Rising, it still looks good and has great replay value.
A bit of a learning curve at first I guess, once you get over this though it opens up to a great game.

My only problem with Dead Rising was the hideous screen tear when played on my monitor... :(

It's a fantastic game (the second is another masterpiece in my eyes too), it really is my type of game to a tee. If they made a Resident Evil game like this I would probably explode with excitement.

I get most people will not like the controls/forced save method etc but once you get passed that as you say it opens up into a great game.

The fact it promotes multiple play throughs as the first few times you play it you aren't strong enough to do certain things/run out of time if you try to do too much, all the way through to overtime mode, it's a fantastic game.

Last edited:
Associate
Saints Row 2 is probably the game I have played most. Never managed to get in to GTA but something about the saints row series I find really addictive

Soldato
I think it's got to be Assassins Creed 2 for me. Not sure why, just really enjoyed playing through that game.

It's the only game of the modern era I have fully completed 100%, it is also the kind of storyline that captured my imagination. Walking around in that period in history. Even made me read a couple of books about that era too. No game has ever done that for me.

Back
Top Bottom