Quidco / Topcashback - What are your views?

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I don't know what's different with what you buy compared to what I buy, but I've spent a small fortune in the past year, and I've gotten prices down to the bare minimum - but I've not been able to make savings with cashback sites.

I certainly look around and I acknowledge that on many things there isn't much to be had, but various clothes sites I use give me back a little bit of cash and for the sake of a click it's no big deal. My mobile phone deal was ridiculously good, but as you say, they arn't always. Virign media are currently offering £142 back on any new cable connection and I'm moving into a house next month so have taken advantage of that.

Soldato
I don't know how you value your time, but I'd imagine it took over an hours effort in that 8 months to get the 20 quid.
What? More like 20 seconds. I'm well over £700 this year so far and did nothing special. I get the cheapest quote etc, then check if there's a TCB link, if there I'll click through. No brainer. Just looking at my records this year, £45 off my home insurance, £33 off my car insurance, over £200 for ebay. All for a second or two searching and clicking through. I'd be daft not to use it.

Last edited:
Soldato
What? More like 20 seconds.

Just looking at my records this year, £45 off my home insurance, £33 off my car insurance, over £200 for ebay. All for a second or two searching and clicking through. I'd be daft not to use it.

You do know you're not l0wther, right? I'd guess he had to chase his £20 for more than 20 seconds.

That aside - eBay cashback? I don't use eBay anything like as much as I used to - Amazon is less hassle - but is there cashback on normal eBay use?

Associate
Between tcp/quidco I've had about £700 so well worth it. I do it with every purchase that I can online.

No idea what these plonkers are saying, it's effortless. Find product you want on website and then load tcb, find retailer and click.

Best cash back is from insurance and telecoms but even eBay adds up.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like it might be a good idea as I'm not bothered how long I have to wait for the money and I use eBay a 'reasonable' amount. And generally buy most things I buy online rather than in stores

Soldato
You do know you're not l0wther, right? I'd guess he had to chase his £20 for more than 20 seconds.

That aside - eBay cashback? I don't use eBay anything like as much as I used to - Amazon is less hassle - but is there cashback on normal eBay use?
Never bothered chasing one. Can't think of any I've asked them to track. If I added it up over the years, it's into thousands for doing next to nothing. Just an example, went to buy a summerhouse for £500. Put the company name through and to my surprise £20 back on a shed. And they were the cheapest anyway.

Soldato
People who are saying it takes effort and not worth it make me laugh.

They even do cashback for in store purchases now at placed such as debenhams and halfords. I have registered my familys card and get all their cashback as well as my own. No effort what so ever.

If i'm arranging my breakdown cover/car insurance etc.. I will go through quidco AFTER finding the cheapest quote if the cheapest insurer is on there. Any purchases I make online I will click through quidco and earn cashback on those too.

£305 confirmed cashback I have had in 3 years with £40 tracked, not too bad.

Associate
Quidcos excellent if you're an avid online shopper - all you have to do is click through their links simply to get some cash back. Easy as that - they're reliable as well for payments.

Soldato
I've had a total of £196.68 paid back from Quidco, been using it for about 3 years.

I think it's really good and really doesn't take much effort. A lot of things I've bought come from places like cycling retailers who are cheaper online anyway, so I'm already making a saving. When buying something I always check to see if the retailer offers Quidco, sometimes it even essentially covers you for the shipping cost of items.

I've only had one case of cash back not being paid and that was with Apple on the iPhone 4S, I only got cash back for an accessory and not the phone itself.

I think the level of cash back for some of the retailers I often use has dropped over time, probably due to cash back becoming more well known. It's certainly worth using, who doesn't want free money?

Soldato

There is, as for untracked cashback it's pretty quick to submit a claim for it to try and get it tracked.

The only problem is sometimes forgetting to use the site before ordering something.

Man of Honour
Quidco has been around for years and I've held off signing up because I always used to reckon it'd be a lot of hassle for a hit and miss service. However, I've seen enough people making good money off it to regret that decision and really ought to get my arse in gear.

Back
Top Bottom