TERA free 7 day trial!

Associate
The combat, graphics and presentation are all superb, sadly the actual game takes generic to a whole new level, with nothing but a slog to max level of incredibly generic and not always particularly well thought through questing, upon reaching max all you have on offer right now are a few 'hard mode' dungeons and unstructured PvP. They could have done a whole lot more with the engine and combat, and you'll have great fun for a week or two, but I think most people have burnt out around 45-60 where the leveling slows down a fair bit or have realised there is nothing to do at max level and got bored. I'd only give the game 6 months until it goes F2P, if that.

Soldato
It's not bad, I bought it on release and played for the 30 days and didn't subscribe after.

To be honest, it's the same as any other MMO, frustrating to grind on forced group-quests and ultimately became bored of it quickly!

MCH

MCH

Associate
Graphics are average, it's very korean ... very fantasy/gay/casual/roleplay however you want to put it. Combat system was a nice try but it just doesn't work as well as less 'advanced' systems. Aion was better, heck even WAR online was better.

Associate
fantasy/gay/casual

lol.

It is one massive cliche. Just the choice of races is a giveaway.

Humans (male & female)
Pretty elves (male & female)
Pretty dark elves (male & female)
Demon-like race (male & female)
Cute animal-ear lolicon race (female only)
Furry mascot race (male only)
Giant race (male only)

The graphics are beautiful and the combat is nice and action-oriented rather than click target > press hotkey, but I think I'll give it a miss :p

Soldato
I had way more fun on the US servers than I did the EU one during BETA. People were friendlier and a lot more helpful when it came to asking in general for assistance or advice. I even joined a Popori-only guild called The Popori Brotherhood and had great fun questing about the world with a group of them.

On the EU server on the other hand.. people were dicks and no one offered help when asked, they only gave trollish responses.

The only problem I had was that the slight amount of lag that playing on the US gave made playing the warrior class very annoying because it relies on dodging. And I could not for the life of me ever dodge as well on the US server than I could on the EU one.

Soldato
Tera is excellent imo. It's got its flaws in the same way most games do but I had so much fun when I was playing it I actually felt tired when I'd finished instances playing a lancer as I had to concentrate so much! However time and money dictate I can't play still so I will have to have another go in 6 months. I recommend people try this.

Soldato
OP
Been playing it a bit today, the combat is fantastic, really loving the way they have done combat. The Western industry need to pay attention to this, because i feel this is the way forward for MMO's.

The art style is horrible for me, i hate the JRPG style, but graphically its beautiful. Easily the best looking MMO on the market and for the foreseeable future.

For some reason now though, i'm unable to connect to any server....

Back
Top Bottom