Broke my arm

Soldato
How could that not need surgery???

It looks all out of place and needs pin to hold it together, at least until it heals?

The X-Ray would have been before they applied traction to put it back into place. When I broke my shoulder they told me that its one bone that does a remarkable job of staying in place due to the muscles. It holds true in that you also can't put a cast on it.

Surgery would be necessary if the fracture isnt showing any sign of fusing together.

Man of Honour
Stop emailing me!

Mr Halk,

I have found out you are long lost relative and our mutual great great great grandfather got into Nigerian oil very early on and amassed a fortune of 1.2 billion Nigerian Naira.
There are 4 in the long lost family and we all have an equal share.
To get the ball rolling I will need £1000 of your English monies for administration purposes.

Your friend

Jesus Christ Mercedes Benz

(That was an actual name of one of our servants).

Soldato
Well arm bone surgery was horrible in my experience, they knocked me out which was nice, but the weeks of needing a silly amount of pain killers to sleep wasn't good.

If they put some pins in that are coming out, make sure you stay in hospital for anesthetic, used to have nightmares of the 2 pins being pulled from my elbow (metal pulled against bone made me feel so so sick)

Associate
OP
44 days since the accident. The bones have not yet knitted. It hurts every day. I am not happy. The Consultant is not worried, although he initially said that 95% of these fractures heal up fine. At my last visit he revised that figure to 75%. He may be bull******** me.

Associate
44 days since the accident. The bones have not yet knitted. It hurts every day. I am not happy. The Consultant is not worried, although he initially said that 95% of these fractures heal up fine. At my last visit he revised that figure to 75%. He may be bull******** me.

Probably 75% at your stage of recovery without full bone integration ;). Don't worry about it, just let your body do its thing. Hope it gets better soon!

Back
Top Bottom