Who's weekend did Natwest ruin?

Soldato
Sounds like they did an upgrade to the production batch scheduling system (they use CA7 apparently) and lost the schedule.

So everyones "money" is still there, probably sat as files in series of directories along with millions of others waiting for the job to come along and do the batch update.

Why they are struggling to restore the schedule is the question....

Indeed, when I had to do these sorts of major changes we were normally expected to have confirmed backups and reversion plan ... and this is after the work being performed on non-production in order check for issues ...

Soldato
You know there are some people who aren't fortunate enough to have any disposable income, despite how hard they are trying to "sort their finances out". I'm happy for you that you don't have the financial obligations that they have, but is there really any need to act all superior about being lucky in life?

Im broke, and had a little shopping list for OCuk with some goodies in the region of 200 quid. Im so angry right now

Associate
I think i'm going to cry.

Yesterday my house sale completed. My solicitor sent over £16,000 into my account by instant bank transfer. The money was there and i could see it all day yesterday and all day today....until 2 hours ago when every penny disappeared.

I called natwest who said they have no trace of it going in.

I've read about the technical issues and i was under the impression that once the money was in the account then it was safe. It was there and now it's not. Where has it gone

I'm literally shaking with anger.

Soldato
I think i'm going to cry.

Yesterday my house sale completed. My solicitor sent over £16,000 into my account by instant bank transfer. The money was there and i could see it all day yesterday and all day today....until 2 hours ago when every penny disappeared.

I called natwest who said they have no trace of it going in.

I've read about the technical issues and i was under the impression that once the money was in the account then it was safe. It was there and now it's not. Where has it gone

I'm literally shaking with anger.

Did you get any print screens as proof, or can your solicitor produce a receipt to say they transferred the money successfully?

Really hope you can sort it *fingers crossed*

Soldato
I've got a bit put aside in my current account so as long as I don't decide to spontaneously buy a tv or something this weekend I'm not impacted upon by this. I would say though, that I'm not impressed by their response. Couldn't really put my finger on why but it just seems uncoordinated and lacking in professionalism.

It doesn't inspire me with confidence regarding using them for future services it's fair to say.

Doubtless I'll forget in 6 months or so though.

Associate
Fortunately not impacted significantly but was wondering:

It's all very well aiming to re-pay any charges produced by the problem but how reversible are hits on credit ratings?

Unauthorised overdrafts, late credit card fees...

Associate
Fortunately not impacted significantly but was wondering:

It's all very well aiming to re-pay any charges produced by the problem but how reversible are hits on credit ratings?

Unauthorised overdrafts, late credit card fees...

Very reversible but may be hassle again on you to sort it. For instance if a credit card company notes a late payment, they may request you send them evidence it was natwest at fault. so an letter from natwest advising they were at fault.

Soldato
Companies should wait at least 7 days before marking a late payment. If anyone was affected they could ask Natwest to either have it removed or send a note of explanation to credit agency/company who filed it to get it removed.

Soldato
Wish i'd caught wind of how bad this situation was, I could have changed my pay details at work to go into our joint account (i get paid monday). It won't be a problem for a couple of weeks, but then the mortgage is due. Really hope it's sorted by then!

Back
Top Bottom