A special rental

Associate
I am 25 at the end of August and would really like to rent something special for a few days.

Looking online is a minefield, where should I be looking for decent rates on special motors?

TIA

Associate
I was about your age on our honeymoon, we rented a boxster for 3 days for approx 500 euro a day, this was in northern Italy
much fun - drove to stelvio, then across to Monaco

Man of Honour
That's my point, you honestly reckon 3 days in a Boxster was worth 1500 EUR?

It was a Boxster not a Ferrari, sure I bet you had a lovely time but.. 1500 EUR for 3 days hire in a Porsche you can buy in the Classifieds from £11k?!

Last edited:
Associate
Well that was 10 years ago, and I recall estimating the market value for the car to have been about GBP 20k at the time

Also, the rental was booked online and the website was set up to count rental days only if they were full 24 periods, so I booked 71 hours, but paid for 2 days, or EUR 1000
Of course back then the rate was about 1.5 to one GBP

Overall we rented a newish boxster for about GBP 225 per day, which I was happy with

Associate
OP
I have fallen down to earth with a bang.

It seems anything mindblowing will be far to much expense.

So now I am thinking a luxury saloon or maybe a nice coupe.

TT or a 5 series etc

If I rent through Avis or similar and select a Luxury Saloon what am I likely to get?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
How about an SL500 7Gtronic for some V8 roof down motoring. Same rate as Princey, £500/week.

Oxfordshire pickup. ;)

Back
Top Bottom