The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
How about any of the statements from the other clubs about sporting integrity? But yeah keep keeping your head in the sand if you want.

If its for Sporting Integrity then why are the SPL/SFA/SFL trying to fudge a deal for Rangers to goto Div 1 so thaqt they can retain some form Of Sky deal and money.

Most "diddy" clubs as Mark has been calling them (I prefer turkeys :D) see this as a way to wrestle power away from Rangers and Celtic in the SPL its nothing to do with Sporting Integrity.

Remember sporting integrity was first Used By Peter Lawwell when Rangers were in the Europa League Final. Stating that for Sporting Integrity the league should not be extended. that plus they had a contractual commitment for a tour in Japan. Anyone seen the results of that tour????

Soldato
Your right, most clubs dont really care about sporting integrity, we see that every week in players diving, getting others booked and all that nonsense.

There is a difference between the fans and the owners though, fans dont really care about money, sponsorship and what not, they just want to enjoy their football, for most, it would be preferable without Rangers and Celtic around, with one out the picture it increases enjoyment, theres more competitive matches, make no mistake, if there was a sniff of Celtic being in the same position the knives would be out.

If this is fudged and Rangers goto Division 1, then they might as well have kept them in the SPL, I just cant see it happening though, there is no time to change things before the season starts, if Rangers are to start in Div 1, the earliest it would be would be next summer, which I guess would give a chance for a years suspension, while it wouldnt be ideal, it still would be an improvement over a single year out the top division.

For Rangers fans, im sure they would prefer the third, of course they dont realise just how honking that league is, the quality is brutal, but it would give them another 3 cups to start them off then back in the SPL they would be able to play in europe again on the 4th or 5th year.

Soldato
We the fans would much rather we started in the 3rd. Yes the football is honking but so is a lot of the dross in the SPL. Would also be interesting to see whats left of the SPL once we returned.

Soldato
I don't think they ever thought they would have to deal with the situation where a team gets kicked out of the league for cheating so yeah probably just making it up as they go along.

They haven't been kicked out for cheating, they no longer exist, that is why they are not in the league. Their punishment for cheating should be the removal of titles obtained through cheating.

The debate is weather or not a new club can apply to get into SFL3 and get in. Right now tbh, they say it is doubtful they will get into div1, i think it could be doubtful they would get into div 3

Soldato
We the fans would much rather we started in the 3rd. Yes the football is honking but so is a lot of the dross in the SPL. Would also be interesting to see whats left of the SPL once we returned.

I suspect if Rangers went into SLF3 then sevco will be in liquidation by the end of the season. I know you wont want to hear that, but unless someone with very deep pockets comes along, Sevco will fold too.

Average season ticket price for SFL3 is £150 so say a premium for it being Rangers and they charge £200, they need to sell 10,000 season tickets just for the council rates alone, add on another 5k tickets for McCulloch and Wallace (saying they earn 20k combined) Rangers will really struggle.

I know you will just go 'oh look at upity timmy thinking he knows it all' but lets face it, if Rangers fans had listened to the upity timmy's 'who ur just jealous' the last time, you might not be in the mess.

Do the figures, it's very well saying 'the fans want to start in the 3rd division' That's very well, but i'd be asking every single one that says that for £500 for a season ticket to watch Stranraer, Annan Athletic, Elgin and the big derby being against Queens Park. But i suspect they may not be so quick to say 'bring on the 3rd division'

Soldato

I suspect league restructuring with a Rangers newco invite would happen long before any club went under.

With the boycott of Green going on and the poor season ticket sales how long before the running costs of the club force him to sell on? Would Walter Smith's consortium be back in if they're in the 3rd?

V F

V F

Soldato
Been clearing out the loft the past week or so and came across this and dusted. So you'll know how old it is. Even had a working 60watt bulb.

img6482hg.jpg

Don
They haven't been kicked out for cheating, they no longer exist, that is why they are not in the league. Their punishment for cheating should be the removal of titles obtained through cheating.

The debate is weather or not a new club can apply to get into SFL3 and get in. Right now tbh, they say it is doubtful they will get into div1, i think it could be doubtful they would get into div 3
The fans that aren't buying the seasons tickets and making their clubs sit up and take notice aren' doing it because it's a newco,but because if the newco is voted in they would be seen to have gotten away with cheating on an industrial scale for the past 10 years.

If Motherwell went bust tomorrow because of lost revenue from Rangers going out of the league they would not face anywhere near the hostility that Rangers face and would likely get voted back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom