***The Official HTC Sensation thread***

Caporegime
Argh! A major annoyance has cropped up.

When using the phone in landscape to type on forums and things it sometimes uses the prediction bar to predict words. Only sometimes though, and it appears in random places. Sometimes off the top of the screen so you can just see the bottom few pixels, sometimes right across what you are trying to type!

In the previous version you could turn off predictoin for landscape keyboard, but leave it on for portrait, but now it only appears to be all or nothing :(

Anyone know of a way to turn this off, and if not, what's a good free alternative keyboard. Ideally as close to the default Sense one as possible, just without the annoyances?

Soldato
I updated my sensation XE to 4.0 earlier and in People, moved my phone contacts to 'Google'... On checking Google ( Gmail > Contacts) theres no change and no new contacts.
If I go to go through the process again, my phone reckons that they've been moved (indicated by the number of contacts in 'Google'.
What have I missed?I want all my contacts to be on gmail so they Are kept off my phone aand only in one place. Cheers.

Soldato
Figured it out, I turned off Syncing! All synced to my Gmail account now.. Awesome!
poosemon, I'd upgrade if I was you. I fidn my Sensation XE just a bit more reponsive and smooth.. and the fonts? WOW :D

Soldato
How do the Senseless Roms compare on battery life? I've been running ARHD for the last couple of months and fairly happy with battery life but since I don't actually use anything from Sense, could I benefit more from running a Senseless Rom?

ive switched to ICS VI senseless and i think im getting a better battery life. may just be because its a new install but average day use at work im ending up with about 20-25% more battery than i used to on 2.3 with sense. (tmobile still hasnt released ICS for the sensation)

Soldato
So after the new update my phone no longer plays a notification sound when I get an Email, it just vibrates..it is set to have a sound enabled...but it doesn't..anyone else had this?

Text messages still plays a sound though :s

Soldato
How do i root my sensation xe?
if i do, whats the best os,firmware etc to get? and will inbe able to restore it back to its original state should i need to send it back to htc??

What are you on atm? If its on 2.3 still then its easy it root s-off and flash any custom rom and be able to go back to 2.3 stock. If you have already done the ICS OTA im not sure, best place is to look over at XDA mate loads of guides over there just dont post questions in the development thread or you will get flamed to hell :D

Soldato
VI has the benefit of having best of both I guess, the sense camera is far superior than aosp one, but for some reason I keep going back to sense roms as I much prefer its widgets, i find them far more user friendly, simple things like clicking on the time to get a timer or stopwatch without the need of some 3rd party widget etc, im due an upgrade and am still torn between the one x or sgsiii, if the one x had a microsd slot it would be a no brainer for me...

Back
Top Bottom