Taxing purchased car same day + Bumper damage = MOT fail?

Associate
I'm currently the highest bidder in an eBay auction for a car which i've had checked out etc. All good apart for some front bumper damage but i'll get to that in a sec.

Biggest issue i have is the auction ends tomorrow, the car is 4 hours away from me and it's only Taxed until end of June. MOT till the 3rd July.

I'll probably not be able to pick it up until the 1st so the Road Tax will have ran out. How am i able to tax it without having the V5 documentation in my name and without a printed cover note from the insurance company so i can drive home on the 1st?

Also the bumper damage i'll obviously have to get the car MOT'd next week (not such a rush as it's going to be kept in a private car park.)

However will this bumper damage cause a MOT failure??

Thanks in advance.

Untitled_1.jpg

Associate
highly dowt that bumper is an mot failure , its not a structal part of the car so to speak.

do what Dr. said ask the seller to tax or do what dellboy does ''tax in post'' haha

Soldato
Bumper will be fine. As for tax print out cover note if insurAnce can email or give an online doc go to local post office to seller with your part of v5 and printed out insurance cert and current MOT jobs a good un

Either that or if it's only up that day just drive it home

Soldato
When I bought my e39 the other week it had no tax. I printed my cover note online (Admiral) then went to the post office (local to the seller, ~3 hours away from home) with the v5c slip and bought tax. Drove home, happy days.

The seller was really helpful, I travelled by train and he met me at the train station and we went to the post office together.

The above could have still been achieved without his assistance but it made it all a bit easier!

Associate
OP
Thanks guys.

I am going to do just that. Hopefully the company i go through will be able to electronically send it. Funnily enough Admiral was one of the cheaper quotes so may go with them.

Yeah plenty of gaffa tape spare (they seem to be in Ford shades lol) i had to Tape up the RS4 to take it to the bodyshop after not one but two idiots slid into it in one weekend last winter. It was on the driveway both times! :mad:

Hopefully the MOT man is nice to me.. don't want a cheap runaround ending up being a wallet reamer.

Back
Top Bottom