*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
p1406121457.jpg

Why on earth have you got your sub woofer on the desk? Put it on the floor, it limits your room (look how cramped your desk is) and sounds far worse.

I would:

1. Put sub woofer on the floor
  2. Put the tower on the left of your monitor
  3. Move your mouse right so that you can actually use your keyboard, atm your reaching over it.

Last edited:
Associate
1. I have a bulldog who's like a tank and runs through everything destroying all in his path
2. The tower's on the right so the window has a purpose (spent a fair amount on LED fans and would like to see them in use)
3.Not quite sure what you mean with the over reaching part. Keyboard on keyboard tray, mouse on desktop, not quite sure what the problem is...?

Soldato
why not put it against something so that when the dog runs through it it wont move/fall?
i see a gap between the desk and cupboard, which i think is enough space for the case.
then the sub against the wall/feet of the desk on the left.

Soldato
My rooms a tip right now but this is what I'll hope it will be within the next month (with the wardrobe left out so you can see what would be behind it).

RoomPlan.png

Home-made desk ahoy. Any glaring flaws that anyone can spot, in case I've done a silly?

Soldato
Here is my system & desk space. Still have lots to buy for it to be perfect for me -
* BenQ XL2420T
* Gigabyte Windforce GTX670 SLI
* Samsung 830 256gb SSD
* Phanteks PH-TC14PE

I'm still very happy with my system though. Unfortunately I can't tuck my 12V power cable round the back of the system as my case has no means for it to pop out the top & it's not long enough too :(...

My speakers, peripherals and screens: Aego M 2.1 90w, Razer DeathAdder Black Edition & an old G15 keyboard. Main screen is an old LG Flatron E2350V 23" 1080p & an old Belinea monitor I want to put away as a spare once I get my XL2420T! :D

IGNORE THE CAMERA QUALITY... IT'S AN OLD CAMERA.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hdsmk0.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/cp5vl.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/290whec.jpg

Soldato
Unfortunately I can't tuck my 12V power cable round the back of the system as my case has no means for it to pop out the top & it's not long enough too :(...

Normally you can route it between the graphics card and the back of the case, there should be a gap I think.

Associate
What do you mean mate, I don't quite understand you. :confused:

I think he's either high or didnt understand.
If you dont want to cut a hole in your mobo tray, you could just tuck it in (partially) between the mobo and the tray...
With an extension cable of course.
Do it, it'll make it look a ton better!

Soldato
My soundcard is blocking the method he used on his first build. I can't see a way around this, oh well.

On other terms, turns out I had an extra £100 in my bank which I didn't think I had... shopping time soon. XL2420T + SLI 670!

Associate
Why on earth have you got your sub woofer on the desk? Put it on the floor, it limits your room (look how cramped your desk is) and sounds far worse.

I would:

1. Put sub woofer on the floor
  2. Put the tower on the left of your monitor
  3. Move your mouse right so that you can actually use your keyboard, atm your reaching over it.
I was wondering why the sub is in front of the speaker? Don't you want to have the speakers on the left/right of the screen :S

Back
Top Bottom