Spec me a Honeymoon

Soldato
OP
Maldives is a firm favourite. Something I'm concious of is food, the meat has to be Halal and so I don't have such as many options.

Soldato
We went to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon last September and by far it was the best holiday we've ever been on. We stayed in the south west of the Island in Kalatura about an hour from the airport. On arrival we booked 2 over night trips around the Island (one for each week) through our Thomson rep. This let us tour the island and get a real feel for its culture and wildlife. Think we saw that much I can hardly remember some of it until I look at the pictures!

The holiday was around £2k and I think the trips worked out about £500 in total for the 2 of us but that was with a private chauffeur in decent air conditioned cars who had great knowledge of everything on the Island. We were also put up in 5 star accommodation with meals provided whilst away from the hotel. We found this broke up the time spent around the hotel but after all it was our honeymoon so after the stress of the wedding this was well needed!

I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see somewhere completely different from home. We're also just back from Florida which might be somewhere else to consider in October time if theme parks/water parks are your king of thing. We also did a hot air balloon which was pretty cool!

Soldato
OP
Thanks matthew_o50 that sounds really good. Can you perhaps tell me which Hotel you stayed in and who you booked the Honeymoon from? Email me in trust if you like :)

Soldato
OP
Mrs isn't keen on Sri Lanka tried to sell it hard too. Spoke to a friend who recently got back from Maldives/Dubai and he said stay in Maldives for a maximum of 4 days, any more you';; go insane. Theres nothing to do basically and after you've taken in the scenery and relaxed you get bored.

I had a feeling it would be like that so I'm gonna do 4 days Maldives and 6 in Dubai. Time to get on Holiday search engines.

EDIT: Flight from Manchester to Maldives Duration: 44hr 35mn WTF!?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mrs isn't keen on Sri Lanka tried to sell it hard too. Spoke to a friend who recently got back from Maldives/Dubai and he said stay in Maldives for a maximum of 4 days, any more you';; go insane. Theres nothing to do basically and after you've taken in the scenery and relaxed you get bored.

I had a feeling it would be like that so I'm gonna do 4 days Maldives and 6 in Dubai. Time to get on Holiday search engines.

EDIT: Flight from Manchester to Maldives Duration: 44hr 35mn WTF!?

That could include waiting times in airports. Most flights will stop off in Abu Dhaubi or Dubai then there's usually a sea plane that takes you from India to the Maldives I believe

Soldato
OP
That will really test of our newly found bond lol I've been specced 4 days in Maldives and 6 in Dubai for £3200 half board. I think that's the best I'm going to get for this package.

Soldato
OP
Think I've got the package I want :) 6 nights in KL at Traders hotel and 3 nights in Langkawi for £2500. I would have preferred half board but apparently you don't get so hungry as it's really hot. Anyone stayed in these places? I would be very interested to hear what your experience is.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've been doing some research on rainfall and apparently KL has the highest rainfall in November with 12inches of rain!! From you experience how accurate is this? Does it rain all day/night?

I'm concerned that the Honeymoon will be ruined by the constant rainfall.

Soldato
We went to Bali in peak rain season. It did rain on a few of the days, but the absolutely longest shower lasted for an hour, and it was hot, so didn't really bother us as we were in the pool anyway !!

I have zero knowledge of KL, other than the transition at the airport to our connecting flight !

Man of Honour
Gilli islands, probably Gilli Meno or Air. I was on Gilli T and it was unbeleivable!

Hold on, KL, Kaula Lumpa?! No surely not, it's dire!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom