The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Kilmarnock bottled it...simple as.

What do you know about anything? Why are you posting with any certainty? If it was Kilmarnock then they showed more integrity than the other clubs, I think.

My opinion is that all of clubs voted no when they wanted to vote yes.

They wanted to tell their fans they voted no, but they wanted the financial stability that keeping RFC in the SPL would have.

When it became apparent that enough clubs were going to bend to their fans will, despite the financial hardship, and it was clear the vote was going to be no, then all the clubs were free to vote no.

Since it was clear it was going to be a no, if Kilmarnock abstained then I don't think that's because they bottled it.

Associate

I'll dance on the graves of the teams that go to the wall when Sky withdraw their money and they don't have traveling supporters from Rangers twice a year.

We are Rangers, super Rangers. No-one likes us, we don't care.

I wonder why?...

Edit - alternatively, I wouldn't object to a sly application to the English leagues just to see if it would go anywhere.

You've got more chance of selling a Rangers season ticket to the Pope

Soldato
Lifetime Rangers fan here - born in the Southern General etc.

I want us to go to division 3 rather than begging to be admitted to the first division. We can keep the few loyal players and rebuild with youth - there has to finally be some decent output from Murray park that we can use. We should also put out a rallying call to former players to come back and help us, either in a playing 'role model' position for the youth, or in a coaching capacity. eg Rino Gatusso.

After rising to the SPL over3/4 years we should boycott all away games at those teams who voted against us for 10 years (ie all of them except Kilmarnock).

I'll dance on the graves of the teams that go to the wall when Sky withdraw their money and they don't have traveling supporters from Rangers twice a year.

Edit - alternatively, I wouldn't object to a sly application to the English leagues just to see if it would go anywhere.

We aint begging to get into the first the SPL are begging teh SFL to let us into the first to save their money. Like yiou I'd rather we went to div 3 rebuilt and worked out way back up.

Soldato
If you take a lok at your post here again - I have quoted it for effect, you will see that it is a bit ironic - you are being vindictive yourself yet you hate others being vindictive to you / your club.

This is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black !!

Rangers should accept that they have caused this whole mess and should be doing all they can to save the situation instead of threatening to make it worse by being vindictive in the future - you are an example of what the problem is.

Instead of burning bridges, you should be trying to mend them - UNBELIEVABLE !

The vindictive nature of the votes is what gets me heated rather than the result itself.

I will do all I can to take the other teams under - I am going to contact sky and say I am cancelling my subscription. Also going to contact each sponsor of the spl and every team and inform them they will be getting no business from me as long as they remain associated with that club.

Soldato
Lifetime Rangers fan here - born in the Southern General etc.

I want us to go to division 3 rather than begging to be admitted to the first division. We can keep the few loyal players and rebuild with youth - there has to finally be some decent output from Murray park that we can use. We should also put out a rallying call to former players to come back and help us, either in a playing 'role model' position for the youth, or in a coaching capacity. eg Rino Gatusso.

How long until Green sells Murray park if the fan boycott of season tickets continues? Too many questions still remain about Green and his funding before you can rely on still owning Murray park, never mind talking about producing quality youth players that haven't been produced since it was built.

The first especially is a tough division to get out of and generally everyone can beat each other. A lot of the income will be used to maintain Ibrox so don't think they'll be spending a lot of money on quality players who aren't going to be thrilled at playing in the lower divisions.

After rising to the SPL over3/4 years we should boycott all away games at those teams who voted against us for 10 years (ie all of them except Kilmarnock).

Getting out of the first won't be as easy as you think, given that Rangers have about ~10 players from the oldco squad left and won't have the attraction of Europe to call upon.

That's exactly the attitude that's got Rangers in this mess as the other fans of Scottish football want Rangers treated the same as any other club, ie. 3rd division football. You say you don't care yet are dancing on graves of other teams that'll be in trouble trying to wind everyone up. By that time hopefully Scottish football will have changed so that the other teams don't need the Old Firm TV income to survive.

When will Old Firm fans get that English teams don't want you anywhere near their league due to the problems related to the fanbase or that they'd only ever go for the OF together?

Soldato
If you take a lok at your post here again - I have quoted it for effect, you will see that it is a bit ironic - you are being vindictive yourself yet you hate others being vindictive to you / your club.

This is the very definition of the pot calling the kettle black !!

Rangers should accept that they have caused this whole mess and should be doing all they can to save the situation instead of threatening to make it worse by being vindictive in the future - you are an example of what the problem is.

Instead of burning bridges, you should be trying to mend them - UNBELIEVABLE !

We are now giving out what we got dont like it tough.

Soldato
We are now giving out what we got dont like it tough.

I still dont understand why you think the vote was unfair against you (or why you blame the other teams rather than the rangers management/ownership, but that's a different matter). To me, it seems very arrogant to argue that you should be entered straight into the SPL and should not have to go through the normal application process for new clubs.

Associate
It does seem a but off, blaming or vowing revenge on the other clubs. It wasn't them that got you into this gawdawful mess in the first place. Way too many clubs have been treading a very fine line with their finances. Rangers are only one team that has fallen off that line, albeit big time. If any good at all comes out of this it's that other teams say "There but for the grace of the bank goes I" and just might look after their finances a wee bit better.
Win at all costs will always fail eventually if the costs are too high.

Associate
What do you know about anything? Why are you posting with any certainty? If it was Kilmarnock then they showed more integrity than the other clubs, I think.

My opinion is that all of clubs voted no when they wanted to vote yes.

They wanted to tell their fans they voted no, but they wanted the financial stability that keeping RFC in the SPL would have.

When it became apparent that enough clubs were going to bend to their fans will, despite the financial hardship, and it was clear the vote was going to be no, then all the clubs were free to vote no.

Since it was clear it was going to be a no, if Kilmarnock abstained then I don't think that's because they bottled it.

Your opinion.

Kilmarnock bottled it - my opinion.

Simples.

Associate

More chance of the other teams dancing on Newco's grave. The dancing on Rangers oldco has already happened.

You were Rangers, cheating Rangers, No-one likes you, we all agree !

Associate
With attitudes like that, there is a prevailing feeling of
It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of guys!
Is it any wonder people are anti rangers? You think you are gods gift to Scottish football but alas that is not the case, at least not any more.

Associate
You think you are gods gift to Scottish football but alas that is not the case, at least not any more.

Going by what Regan says, then they are ( or 1/2 a gift ;) ) From the horses mouth he says that Scottish Football can't afford Rangers to be out of the top division for more than a year. All the talk from the chairmen of sporting integrity suited them if it was only going to be 1 year out of the SPL. Now, it might be 3 or more they're starting to **** themselves.

As I said yesterday, turkeys voting for christmas.

Associate
Just give it a bit of time. All it will take is a bit of collective action from the rangers fans and the diddy teams will be begging us to come back.
Let's face it, most teams don't even fill their half of hampden on cup semi final / final day - rangers and Celtic are the only show in town.

Associate
Just give it a bit of time. All it will take is a bit of collective action from the rangers fans and the diddy teams will be begging us to come back.
Let's face it, most teams don't even fill their half of hampden on cup semi final / final day - rangers and Celtic are the only show in town.

a bit of collective action that is funny considering none of you know what you want green,whyte,brown,3rd division 2nd so gl with that, the other teams will struggle without rangers cash but im sure their fans will be happier there is no rangers and no cheating ,, the sky money will be cut and in time the game will suffer but id rather see the game suffer than let cheating be allowed . so stop blaming everyone else and take the punishment you deserve,

WATP = we are the past

Soldato
a bit of collective action that is funny considering none of you know what you want green,whyte,brown,3rd division 2nd so gl with that, the other teams will struggle without rangers cash but im sure their fans will be happier there is no rangers and no cheating ,, the sky money will be cut and in time the game will suffer but id rather see the game suffer than let cheating be allowed . so stop blaming everyone else and take the punishment you deserve,

WATP = we are the past

How did the contractual tour of Japan go? Your chief exec is a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom