The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
More chance of the other teams dancing on Newco's grave. The dancing on Rangers oldco has already happened.

You were Rangers, cheating Rangers, No-one likes you, we all agree !

I think it'd be a better thread if you were to try to be less bitter and a bit more friendly. I don't think any significant percentage of Rangers people are defending what Rangers have done with tax, what's happening now is the potential loss of near half of Scottish football, the most important fixture in Scottish football and the fallout will affect every club.

Associate
I think it'd be a better thread if you were to try to be less bitter and a bit more friendly. I don't think any significant percentage of Rangers people are defending what Rangers have done with tax, what's happening now is the potential loss of near half of Scottish football, the most important fixture in Scottish football and the fallout will affect every club.

I am not bitter, im responding to those who are looking forward to dancing on the graves of teams that fall by the wayside due to voting Newco out of the SPL.

I am merely pointing out the only club to die in this fiasco is Rangers. Hoping for others to die based on a decision made is bitter.

Soldato
You were Rangers, cheating Rangers, No-one likes you, we all agree !

I am not bitter, im responding to those who are looking forward to dancing on the graves of teams that fall by the wayside due to voting Newco out of the SPL.

I am merely pointing out the only club to die in this fiasco is Rangers. Hoping for others to die based on a decision made is bitter.

It's very easy to misread your posts then. The top post I've quoted sounds triumphant.

Caporegime
I saw Andy Goram on SSN at lunch. They had a meeting last night with green where he was given a vote of no confidence !

He also said Brown will be back next week with an improved offer to buy the club at the figure Green said he wanted. So he can't then turn it down again. :/

Here's the video http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_7870188,00.html

Bloody hell he's aged a lot since last time i saw him. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ngers-keeper-Andy-Goram-admits-alcoholic.html

Thats probably why =/

Soldato
And the saga continues. Latest news is we have the proposal that if the SFL clubs vote for Rangers to go into the league then they'll authorise the SFL board to negotiate a package to allow Rangers into the first division.

Source (Alex Thomson blog) and the BBC.

Last edited:
Soldato
So they have finally realised the stick approach was having the opposite effect so now it's time for the carrot?

Think it's more of the stick approach, they're removing the option for the clubs to decide where Rangers will play in the league if they're voted in under that resolution. It's the reverse of what the SPL did and now both the clubs and fans that are angry. No indication yet as to whether it'll be a separate vote to the main one for allowing Rangers into the 3rd.

Soldato
I'll dance on the graves of the teams that go to the wall when Sky withdraw their money and they don't have traveling supporters from Rangers twice a year.

We are Rangers, super Rangers. No-one likes us, we don't care.

And in that post we can all see why people want Rangers to go to the wall, Newco to go to the wall and THE Rangers to go to the wall.

The other teams that you would take pleasure in failing have done NOTHING wrong. Rangers have. Rangers need to be punished for their tainted titles, their bragging about spending £10 for ever Celtic £5 and everything else that has come home to roost.

Instead of accepting the wrongdoings of your club you go on the offensive and want to see other clubs fail. You cheated and lied your way to the top. Why should you not be brought to book for it? Why do you have a divine right to escape punishment?

Soldato
Sevco are not being punished - they are a new company. Any entry into Scottish football is bending the rules to accomodate them.

Spartans, Pollok Juniors, Linlithgow Rose, Cove Rangers, Preston Athletic, Edinburgh City all are well-run clubs who can provide 3 years of accounts and who would love to enter into the third division. Who can trust this Sevco to even hang about if they are given a place or to pay tax and not go into liquidation like Rangers did? If financial security is a concern, I would say it is more important that a reliable, trustworthy team is given the vacant league place.

Soldato
Sevco are not being punished - they are a new company. Any entry into Scottish football is bending the rules to accomodate them.

Spartans, Pollok Juniors, Linlithgow Rose, Cove Rangers, Preston Athletic, Edinburgh City all are well-run clubs who can provide 3 years of accounts and who would love to enter into the third division. Who can trust this Sevco to even hang about if they are given a place or to pay tax and not go into liquidation like Rangers did? If financial security is a concern, I would say it is more important that a reliable, trustworthy team is given the vacant league place.

Bitterness shining through there Dave. Sfl already said three yer accounts not needed. Its at their discretion. Club with up to 50k fans vrs one with a few hundred. It's all about the money money money. As spl/sfa wanting us in sfl 1 shows. Supporting hypocrisy at its best.

Soldato
Bitterness shining through there Dave. Sfl already said three yer accounts not needed. Its at their discretion. Club with up to 50k fans vrs one with a few hundred. It's all about the money money money. As spl/sfa wanting us in sfl 1 shows. Supporting hypocrisy at its best.

And that's why the fans are fed up with the whole setup of the game. We know this is all coming down to money now and with the SPL bottling it over boycott fears they've passed the buck to the SFL board, in the hope of bypassing the clubs since they know they'll vote against the first division.

If they think that fans won't boycott the SPL since it was a SFL decision then they need to think again due to the anger over the way the boards have acted.

Soldato
And that's why the fans are fed up with the whole setup of the game. We know this is all coming down to money now and with the SPL bottling it over boycott fears they've passed the buck to the SFL board, in the hope of bypassing the clubs since they know they'll vote against the first division.

If they think that fans won't boycott the SPL since it was a SFL decision then they need to think again due to the anger over the way the boards have acted.

Exactly this is all to do with the remaining spl clubs. We would much rather start in div three and give the lower league clubs the benefit of the travelling support and a financial boost. However the renaining spl chairmen likr Rod Petrie have dreampt up the into div one option. We dont want it and neither do the sfl clubs. Just the self preservation league chairmen who are scared that the will go under.

Soldato
Looking like the plan put to the SFL isn't going to change much in the way power is distributed according to The Scotsman or any mention of league reconstruction so not expecting clubs to be too happy about the deals. It's also looking like each proposal will be a separate vote though STV are reporting that the votes will be simple majority to be passed. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Is it just Div 1 that vote or do all 30 clubs get a vote.

I can imagine that Div 2 and 3 clubs don't see much of the tv/sponsorship money and having Rangers visit twice will be a big occasion for them.

People have stated that Rangers travelling support will be low this will probably be the case but I'm sure for teams in Div 2 and Div 3 which make up 2/3s of SFL teams the novelty of having Rangers visit will draw a huge home support much like the cup games do.

If it's div 1 clubs only who knows how this vote will go but with all 30 clubs and only a simple majority I don't fancy the vote going for div 1.

For me it should be Div 3 that way despite some lost revenue the Scottish game can hold it's head up and say that it did the "right" thing by the game.

All this nonsense of spartans etc is just that nonsense. They have never been part of the league set up like Rangers and while there is talk of them being a new company they most certainly are not a new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom