Are you a feminist?

Soldato
http://i.imgur.com/xnpZN.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Any chance you could make that a bit bigger? Not sure if I can read it from the other side of the office car park.

Also, you realise you could virtually the same diagram about men, with the same negative responses?

You do also realise that some of us who are not feminists do not hold those opinions, and in fact hold the same opinions as your "feminist" diagram?

Soldato
Bull. The world would be pretty much the same as it is now because the same conditions would apply. You'd have short-term changes if there was a sudden radical change, such as a feminist group successfully seizing power as an absolute oligarchy or dictactorship, but in the long run nothing would change. Any short-term changes would be due to the sudden radical change, not due to the sex of the oligarchs. The only way you'd get a lasting change would be if they were extreme enough to "phase out" maleness entirely, or maybe (as the slightly less extreme ones advocate), cull male people down to a manageable minority to use as breeding animals and for dangerous work.

Give it another decade or two and the stereotype of men being illogical and addled by hormones will probably be dominant. Feminism has already been very successful to strengthening existing anti-male stereotypes, so now it's well on the way to reversing old anti-female stereotypes and making them anti-male ones.

Thankfully there is zero chance of this actually happening, and we continue to produce MTV generations that threat will decrease.

Associate
Things that annoy me about any kind of group like feminism.

The whole 'there's more men than women in politics, omg bad sexist'
Truth of the matter: The overwhelming majority of people pursuing a political career are male. Therefore most people in politics are male. Furthermore even if 50% of applicants were female, surely taking the best person for the job presides over having half and half of each gender?

Every job type is not supposed to have half and half of every demographic group for christ sake. It should ALWAYS be about the best person for the job. If that means you have 90% white male and hardly any black people or females so be it. I'm sure there's other places where it's the opposite. Should basketball be reformed because not many white people are involved at pro level relative to blacks? No....

The push should be towards EQUAL RIGHTS. What happens after that shouldn't come into it.

EDIT: Also why is it a woman can slap me and nothing be thought of it, but if I were to slap a woman as hard as some of them slap i'd be prosecuted. You want equal rights women, you can bloody have them.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
EDIT: Also why is it a woman can slap me and nothing be thought of it, but if I were to slap a woman as hard as some of them slap i'd be prosecuted. You want equal rights women, you can bloody have them.

The law treats both equally. Assault is assault regardless of who is doing it.

Associate
Yes, because I believe that women deserve to be treated with as much respect and dignity as men, and I take offense to the notion that women are only sex objects.

Associate
I believe that women should be treated equally, HOWEVER.......i know that there are gona be some jobs that a man would be more suited to do :) The only time i got annoyed was when i was trying to get an IT job and was always losing to a guy but, obviously i knew i was the oddity and there would've been more men applying for the job so therefore the odds were stacked against me. I'm now in a tech support role for mobile phones (not call centre) and im liking the fact that i have men coming to me for answers.

I'm probably not like most women so my judgement will be more of the guys point of view. I play BF3, D3, L4D, CS:GO (Beta) etc etc and attend the Multiplay i-series. Also play airsoft and dont mind getting muddy or crawling under a filthy computer desk to sort out issues. So yea, im not the best example of a typical women and i think feminist are a load of women who need to get a grip, understand that a guy offering to help you isn't a sexist gesture...they are just being polite, stop being so sensitive and emotional all the bloody time and basically in a word "MAN UP!" LOL

Oh and i do like the occasional shop and be a bit girlie from time to time but, i would rather shop online than stuff myself in somewhere like Primark with the rest of the cattle!

Soldato
Why are women paid the same prize money at Wimbledon when they do less work for it?

The debate the women use is that it isn't about the amount of sets played but about the amount of entertainment provided (and hence money brought into the sport), which makes sense and is why the captain of Arsenal men is paid more than the captain of Arsenal ladies despite doing the same amount of 'work'.

The trouble is, the women's game (tennis) isn't watched anywhere near as much as the male game so they should be paid less on the back of their own logic.

Man of Honour
Also holy lol at the dude who used an analytical example of a homeless man and the Prime minister of Germany, completely ignoring the makeup of the amount of men in politics vs women.

Nice try at diverting away from the point you know you can't answer. I like how you manage to work in a completely irrelevant ratio in there too.

Have you stood up for your stated beliefs yet? I bet you haven't, because unless you're insane you know they're just prejudices.

Go find a homeless man living rough on the streets and tell him he's more powerful than Angela Merkel and then I'll have a little bit of respect for you since you'd be standing behind your stated beliefs about how men (unqualified, i.e. all men) have special power and privilege denied to women (unqualified, i.e. all women). I'd still think you're a bigot and a loony, but I'd think you have some honesty and integrity to go with it.

Man of Honour

And the law in medieval England treated married couples equally in terms of property rights, etc.

That doesn't mean it really happened, just that the law was written that way.

You live in a society where if a woman attacks a man it is routinely assumed that the man is the abuser and the woman is the victim. Even if she maims and mutilates him, it's commonly seen as being funny as well as his fault. It's even more sexist than the reality of the medieval example I referred to. To claim equality in either case is simply wrong.

Man of Honour
Why are women paid the same prize money at Wimbledon when they do less work for it?

First, they're being paid to bring in paying customers, not being paid to work. Just like every other sport. Second, that decision was made by men, not women, so you can hardly blame feminists for it. Most of the women players are happy to play matches the same length as the men's ones, and I'd imagine a few of the men would prefer shorter matches.

M

Associate
OP
Go find a homeless man living rough on the streets and tell him he's more powerful than Angela Merkel and then I'll have a little bit of respect for you since you'd be standing behind your stated beliefs about how men (unqualified, i.e. all men) have special power and privilege denied to women (unqualified, i.e. all women). I'd still think you're a bigot and a loony, but I'd think you have some honesty and integrity to go with it.

When have we ever stated that this is the case? when have we ever said that all men are more privileged that women? Of course that isn't the case. Yes, men do have their problems but on balance society leans towards oppression and discrimination of women. Feminisn is movement to rid society of this oppression, not make women superior.

Would you be able to point me to any articles/books that share your viewpoint on how feminism is inherently sexist, it's not a viewpoint I've really come across and I'm genuinely interested to find out more.

Soldato
You live in a society where if a woman attacks a man it is routinely assumed that the man is the abuser and the woman is the victim. Even if she maims and mutilates him, it's commonly seen as being funny as well as his fault. It's even more sexist than the reality of the medieval example I referred to. To claim equality in either case is simply wrong.

Yes, and this is sexist, and one of the reasons I am a militant feminist. Sexism and Feminism is a male issue as well as female.

Soldato

Proof!

Associate

yea maybe so but its a lot more frowned upon for a man to hit a woman , Just like being out drinking and you grab a birds ass or stick yea hand up her skirt n grab her ass or w.e Most woman would slap you or sexual assault , i get 95% of blokes would just laugh it off.

edit : iam sexiest , are lass does pretty much everything but i earn the money and drive her n my lil girl around. I was brought up thinking its the womens job to clean etc.

Back
Top Bottom