Gym Membership

Soldato
I saw LA fitness have 50% off membership on their site, but no mention of prices so gave them a call. £37.50 a month, 12 month contract. Normal 12 month contract is £44. OK the offer one was for any gym in the country but if I'm anywhere else than the last place I'd be wanting to go is a gym. All I fancied doing was some swimming but not at that price.

Permabanned
£28 off peak. Dont mind it because get to use everything, costs £3 a time to go to local baths.

Mind blown at £86 a month thats over £1k a year. How the other half live.

Soldato
Either £30 or £35 for a local independent one, think one or two people here know it, 24HR Gym in Swindon. I like it, has everything I need, don't have to wait usually for the things I want to use either.

Soldato
Yep the David Lloyd gyms are a ****ing joke when it comes to membership fees thats why I left in the end. I'm at Fitness First now paying £35 a month. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought this thread would be the best place to ask for advice. Looking at either Fitness First or Gold's gym.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these and would be able to help me make my decision?

Man of Honour
If there was a non cardio-centric gym nearby other than DL I'd be there. Problem is all the other gyms don't really have free weights and I'm not interested in bodybuilding - I need free weights. :(

Soldato
£28.50 per month, It should be 42 or somthing but I got coperate membership for helping them get a few members once and then a 10% discount from the reduced rate as one of my friends re-joined and we put it as my referal :)

GAC

GAC

Soldato
If there was a non cardio-centric gym nearby other than DL I'd be there. Problem is all the other gyms don't really have free weights and I'm not interested in bodybuilding - I need free weights. :(

not being funny, but why not open one yourself with a few local like minded gym monkeys.

if thats all your using dl's for may as well buy the kit yourself and find a lock up.

Caporegime
not being funny, but why not open one yourself with a few local like minded gym monkeys.

if thats all your using dl's for may as well buy the kit yourself and find a lock up.

I'd imagine that for most people the sheer cost when including rent, electric and a toilet/running water, is just far too much.

Soldato
£38 a month for Fitness First - access to all their basic level clubs.

However I recieved a letter just the other day to say my membership is being terminated at the end of the month due to them closing my local club because of their recent voluntary administration.

Although it was so close to me, they did a poor job of basic cleaning and maintenance and the place looks tatty. There are also far too many undesirables who are members!

I'm weighing up my options at the moment. There is a Fitness First Black Label club not too far away, which is obviously more expensive, but I really don't trust a company who is closeing gyms and in a ton of debt.

I'm looking at either and Independent or Virgin... Though the later is swinging it for me due to the countrywide access and I get a discount through my health insurance.

Back
Top Bottom